adding power locks to existing wiring

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
maldo

adding power locks to existing wiring

Post by maldo »

I am planning a few projects for the next couple months and need some advice regarding the power locks. I am switching to power windows and will be getting the correct harness for the doors to activate them. Does this harness also contain the wiring for the power locks? If so, can I just tap into the harness to provide power to the actuators (which I have to purchase) or do I have to use those wiring kits that are usually provided with the actuators?
2fazed
Supporting Member

Re: adding power locks to existing wiring

Post by 2fazed »

I just did the swap (power windows & wire harness) and from what I saw on the 92GS I swapped them from. The passenger door has the plug and the stock actuator, but the driver's side didn't have the actuator. I'm guessing that when the driver's lock is opened, the passenger lock opens and vice versa. If your planning on putting aftermarket door locksin, you can get power through the GS wire harness. But you will need relays for them.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
maldo

Post by maldo »

Good to know, thanks.
msilverton

Post by msilverton »

Originally posted by 2fazed:
I just did the swap (power windows & wire harness) and from what I saw on the 92GS I swapped them from. The passenger door has the plug and the stock actuator, but the driver's side didn't have the actuator. I'm guessing that when the driver's lock is opened, the passenger lock opens and vice versa. If your planning on putting aftermarket door locksin, you can get power through the GS wire harness. But you will need relays for them.
I have an actuator, would it not just hook up to the wiring and work? The relay is already part of the dook lock actuator isn't it?

Thanks, Mike
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

The one in the passenger side is actually a slave to the driver side's action, but, of course, not visa versa.

Me and my mechanic added an actuator (he had it laying around, thinks it came from a ford probe) to my driver side door to work my remote entry part of my 3-in-1 system (alarm, MTX remote start and remote entry).
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”