Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
RideLoudAndFast

Hows this alarm look?

Post by RideLoudAndFast »

Hey just wondering if anyone knows if this is a good alarm system? Here
lakersfan1

Re: Hows this alarm look?

Post by lakersfan1 »

If you have to get an alarm that cheap, look at the Crimestopper brand.
Spotted

Post by Spotted »

Just remember what you are trying to protect. Most of the time, you get what you pay for.
I've never heard of the brand.
:2thumbsup:
:welder:
RideLoudAndFast

Post by RideLoudAndFast »

i saw this one and it look good and was cheap... but true haha you get what you pay for... but what do good alarms usually run for? and what kind do u suggest?
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

I wouldnt bid simply cause of the shipping price... $17!!!! :eek:
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
jdogsd1

Post by jdogsd1 »

ok i will give u a run down on cost for a good but avrige alarm. to start if u dont have power doors and u want to be able to open the doors with a clicker, that could up to $100 a door. i sugest doing them on your own alot its cheeper but runing wire through the door is not easy, just ask ant one who has done it before. i would definately not sugest installing the alarm on your own, there is simply to much u can screw up. the alarm that i got is the clifford arrow 5, note that this is not the top of the line or bottom of the line. the high end alarms can easly cost $500 pluss.ok well here is the price i played for cost and instilation and tax total was $354.

advice do some research and go with a good brand when it comes to alarms it is worth it. i sugest clifford because u can add on tuns of diffrent anti theft scensors on to even on to there most basic modle

<small>[ January 12, 2004, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: jdogsd1 ]</small>
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

A chain out here will install an Alpine SEC-100S for $200 out the door. I wish I would have known that before I bought my SEC-100S. The SEC-100S cost me $99 new on eBay.
JdawgMx3er

Post by JdawgMx3er »

I just bought that same alarm of off e-bay. Originally I hadn't planned on installing an alarm until I had other planned mods completed.When I saw how cheap this was I couldn't resist.I figured being a simple cheapo alarm it would be easy to install.And if I were to fry the alarm at least its not something I payed a terrible amount of money for.Kind of a trial and error thing, can always upgrade the alarm later...just curious to see how involved installation is...if don't have power doors or windows and want keyless entry,I'd shop around for whole alarm kit with all the relays and actuators included.I had to buy the door lock actuators,and micro relay seperately,so I can hook up the keyless entry.So I'm in $51 for the alarm and $30 for the door actuators/microrelay.And I am installing it all myself, for the price of some wire connectors,electrical tape,and lots of aspirin.

<small>[ February 03, 2004, 09:36 PM: Message edited by: JdawgMx3er ]</small>
BoOdOg
Supporting Member

Post by BoOdOg »

spend the money and get a compustar it will be worth it

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”