EVERYONE MUST READ AND SIGN.............

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
David Witherow

EVERYONE MUST READ AND SIGN.............

Post by David Witherow »

everyone must read and sign this pettition.............if you have anything done to your mx-3 or if you love the import scene at all you will sign and make everyone that you know sign this petittion..........if you have to print out copies of the pettion and get anyone you know to sign it................just dont sit back and let the government try and destroy something we all love and enjoy...........this will even affect ppl with hotrods and any other sort of modified car/truck/bike etc.
online petittion to save import and custom car scene
UoMDeacon

Re: EVERYONE MUST READ AND SIGN.............

Post by UoMDeacon »

You do realise of course that no governments recognize the validity of an online petition?<p>The whole writing to your representatives is a much better idea.
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

your right everyone should print out a copy of this and and get everyone they know to sign it and then mail it to their respective mp........
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

Petitions are pointless, on the receiving end nobody reads them or even cares. Even most average people couldn't be bothered to sign them even if they care about the subject, why? because they never accomplish anything, they have extremely poor results in changing anything.<p>The fact is, the media and police look at us like we are the scum of the universe, they aren't going to change their minds about us any more we would of them.<p>I hold confidence in our court systems though, they will ultimately be the true test of this or any other law. On that web site it talks about parts of the law being "so vaguely worded". If you are charged directly with that particular part of the law then chances are you'll be able to challenge it in court successfully, the courts do not look kindly on flawed laws that are too open and vague.
marius

Post by marius »

I cannot believe that the Ontario goverment has actually come up with that bull$#it section of that bill. Just because someone has an exhaust or something simple as an aftermarket spoiler is assumed guilty of street racing?!? That's just like wearing a ski mask on a cold and windy winter day and then being assumed as a bank robber! If they want to stop illeagal steet racing, the cops will just have to some investigating like they're trained and paid to do. If they could catch a bunch of guys dealing crack in a basement, I'm sure they could catch a bunch of cars on an open street performing illeagal races.<p>Andrew is right. Petitions doesn't do much. But because of the vagueness of words in that section, you can fight it in court. You could also take an exact quote from the section:
"...a prescribed part, containing a prescribed substance or equipped with perscribed equipment in perscribed circumstances..."
then you can say something like...
"I have a body kit to make my car look nice..."
"I have an exauhst system to emmit lower emmisions..."
"I have a an air/cool air intake system so my engine takes in cleaner air. I don't want filthy air going in to my engine and shortening it's life span or possibly the result of emmiting higher emmisions..."
"I have a tower strut bar so I have better control
turning a corner..."<p>You could go on and on.
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

your right a petittion may not work but you mean to tell me that if an mp gets hundreds of letters in his mail box everyday from angry tuners and enthusiasts you mean to tell me that it wont make him notice..........
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

has that law passed? Its sooo vague it incorporates almost everyone, doesn't it say all non-oem parts? that would include performance tires, non-oem cd decks, rims, any supspension mods, no way this will last long anyways, tire businesses, and car parts shops would go out of business, not to mention all lines of any performance parts that local muffler shops and performance shops carry, and performance shops themselves will have to go, this won't last long if it is in place, I really wouldn't even worry. What a huge infringement on your rights. I'm just glad I don't live in ontario.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

There's almost no way that this can be enforced, especially in it's current form.. think about it: if a cop pulls you over, and asked to look under your hood, and finds a supercharger, according to this bill, he can remove it right there and charge you with streetracing. Well, there's not a whole lot of weight behind that because some cars come stock wth superchargers. Anyone who owns a Bonneville SSEI may as well buy a different car. Point being, most parts that can be assumed to be "street racing" parts come as optional equip on some car models (ok, aside from stuff like Jet chips). as for the rest of the stuff, like tailights, you can argue that they are cosmetic only, as the don't actually DO anything, and they stay within regulations, because all the actual lights are the proper colors, just the casings are clear (in the case of altezzas) I dunno, I just don't think a law like this will fly.
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

If cop cars can be modified why can't ours??
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

that petition is pretty worthless, but I signed it anyways. Its online so anyone can go on there 18 times a day and make up names. Sure it shows that ppl care, but if someone looked through there I'm sure many names would be false or even contain crude language directed at the ppl who are introducing the law.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

no what that petittion is saying is that if the car didnt come with say a supercharger and now has one that is what they are trying to stop............and your right if that bill passes it would be a total contradiction to let cops have modified cars........
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by caveman:
your right a petittion may not work but you mean to tell me that if an mp gets hundreds of letters in his mail box everyday from angry tuners and enthusiasts you mean to tell me that it wont make him notice..........<hr></blockquote><p>Sure he'll notice but he won't care because for every 1 of us car enthusiasts there is at least another 100 other people in his riding that hates people like us. So for his own political reputation he won't do anything. Also the MP knows that we will likely give up after a while, so it's pointless.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”