Questions on speakers

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
jamario

Questions on speakers

Post by jamario »

When buying speakers what should I look for? Some say watts other people say brand names, I'm confused in what to pick. I found a pair of Sony Xplod speakers with 180 watts...is sony good. I just want speakers that sounds low or loud. I also have a 725 watt Jensen amp. Some body drop me a clue
IF LIFE DOESN'T OFFER A GAME WORTH PLAYING, THEN INVENT ONE.
VizualXTC

Re: Questions on speakers

Post by VizualXTC »

don't look at the brand or the wattage. There are some speaker brands that you have never heard of that will sound better than any well known brand. Also, a good 40W speaker can sound better than a 200W speaker. <p>What I would suggest is listen to the speakers. Pick the one you like the most. If you like the sound of Jensen...buy Jensen. If you like the sound of Kenwood, buy Kenwood. Nobody can tell you what speaker will sound good to you.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
jamario

Post by jamario »

cool man...thank for da tip
IF LIFE DOESN'T OFFER A GAME WORTH PLAYING, THEN INVENT ONE.
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

alot of stores will have a try before you buy section.<p>I now have a kickass sounding system all because i tried it
bulldog131775

Post by bulldog131775 »

ok being a speaker enthusaist what you want in speakers has nothing to do with watts or who makes it to a certain point. when looking for subs you have to put into consideration how much space and money you have and what kind of bass you want. there are many combos u can do.
lets just start with the basics. a 8 inch woofer is for people who dont habe much room but they want the sound and can feel it. a 10 inch woofer is for people who can sacrifice some room and like hard hitting bass. a 12 is for people who like there bass deep and with a resonably hard hit. A 15 is for people who like deep bass more than the hard hitting feel. A 12 is most common because it gives good resonation and a nice hard hit or crisp sound. There is also the types of boxes that make big differences sealed boxes are ideal for small space and nice tight sounding bass. ported boxes are for lots of space abd people who like the bass deep but give up tight bass for a bass that lags a bit. I never reccomened bandpass because i hate the mufled sound you get from them and they take big boxes.<p>thats a simple break down of what needs to be known in order to get a stereo if you have any Q's dont hesitate to ask ive been doin stereos for about 13 years. as far as brands if they got a good rep then they are probably good if its sold at wall mart becarefull. u always get what u pay for
jdogsd1

Post by jdogsd1 »

hay i have to agree with the others but i have some sppekers that you should look at. i put in eclips speakers they only handel 80 wats but thats more than enough i dont evean think i have put them up that high yet. i did have 150 wat power acustic speakesr and they sucked. also all eclips stuff comes with a 3 year warinty and a 1 year theft warinty. good luck hope i was some help.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”