Best Budget Stereo Ever

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
fabius_l

Best Budget Stereo Ever

Post by fabius_l »

The jap 2.0 GTR celica (the last one with pop up headlights) has a huge setup from the factory, I had one and I've done this but blew the whole thing up by crossing a wire.Big Boom, Big fire, and 2 fire extinguishers so get some one who knows what they're doing to wire the amp to the headunit.
Well any way the stereo consists of two 8"/10" subs (one in each door), 4 tweeters (one on each door and two on the parcel shelf, and four speakers (two in the dash and either side of the back seat).
I bought the whole lot for about $100. So Happy shopping.
'92 MX3 1.8 V6
G-MAX 40mm lowering springs
'91 AZ3 1.5 35mm drop +V6 stryt brace.
BumpNGlow

Re: Best Budget Stereo Ever

Post by BumpNGlow »

how'd you fit 8/10s (I'm sure they weren't 10s) in the doors? and Why two sets of components? And where's the boom? Were they amped?
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
fabius_l

Post by fabius_l »

the amp is under the passenger seat, a similar system is in the mr2, not sure which model though, it's just short the speakers for the back seat.(coz there's none)
'92 MX3 1.8 V6
fabius_l

Post by fabius_l »

Oh yeah, what I meant was an eight or a ten inch sub in each door.
'92 MX3 1.8 V6
markV6

Post by markV6 »

The Mr2 used to have one 10" located behind the passenger seat... I think it was an optional upgrade offered! I had it in a mk2!
fabius_l

Post by fabius_l »

I was looking at an Irish mr2 the other day, (which I can proudly say is now less 2 half leather seat which are waiting to go in my mx) There was an amp under the pass seat and had 2 subs, 2 speakers, 2 tweeeters I cuols see but I'm still convinced there were 2 more behind the seats somewhere coz I could definately hear 'em).
Irish cars tend to be the same as the jap ones except missing some of the Toys, electonic suspension was only available on jap starlet celica and mr2 but everything else is the same and this is true of most cars over hear.
'92 MX3 1.8 V6
fabius_l

Post by fabius_l »

it was a '94 mr2 by the way, but go for the celica one anyway it's way better sounding, the whole system should be listed in the parts list for the ST-182 Celica(89 - 94 'ish)
'92 MX3 1.8 V6
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

wow, small world. My first car was an 86 MR-2 (thats a mk2 right?) I had 2 10s behind the seats and components. Sounded pretty nice but wasn't nearly as loud as the MX-3 gets :D !<p>http://www.sounddomain.com/id/bumpnglow_import
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
fabius_l

Post by fabius_l »

I really should have said this earlier. The Bass is so loud that if it's left on full blast for too long it'll blow all of the welds in the door and one or two other places too. Now that's serious bass.
'92 MX3 1.8 V6
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

LMAO, really? the bass (2 8's or 10's) will blow the welds off the doors????? LOL<p>[ March 20, 2003: Message edited by: BumpNGlow ]</p>
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

sheller

Post by sheller »

And all that for about $100? I'm not saying that you didn't, but it seems a little hard to swallow. As BumpNGlow and many others can attest, quality components cost a bit more than that. I have Eclipse speakers and while good, they are not the best out there and even they cost around $100 per pair. That doesn't count the head unit, amps, or subs. I guess I'm just a cynic though.
Steve :eek:<p>[ March 20, 2003: Message edited by: sheller ]</p>
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

not to mention wires... I seriously have spent a lot on wires and its kind of hard to fathum, but lil wires add up.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

fabius_l

Post by fabius_l »

that's the wierd thing about this country if you don't shop around here you could end up paying more for second hand stuff. I got lucky with that price I know but hey who's gonna say "well you should ask for more for that" lol.
Another good example. A bare 1.8 V6 for $700 'ish. Another breaker down the road will import an mx3 cut in half from the b pillar forward for the same, or an mx6 $900. Go figure
'92 MX3 1.8 V6

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”