Need Help Deciding

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Phire

Need Help Deciding

Post by Phire »

If any of you have visited the for sale forum you know that I am looking for my first car. Its gonne be used just to get me to school and around town, nothing too far. I have had alot of really great offers but these 3 caught my eye. Can you guys maybe hlep me decide and maybe which one may be the best for me?<p>1)92 GS v6 with 210kms, PRM Ram air cold air intake, sparko spark plugs, Chip mod, Fireball excaust, black on white custom interior dressed in leather, with two tone black and red sunroof, carbon fiber shifter nob, short shift, white reverse glow gauges Euro with white brezel around it to match interior. Sony xplod speakers, Rockford fosgate Cd player mp3 and dvd player with two pioneer IMPP silver subs in box 1000Watts power with an 750watt alpine V12 amp, small veight reduction, Clarion UNGO remote entery and car alarm. Brand Spankin new paint job, Black with spoiler alloy enkei rims good tires, also 3rd generetion altezz'a, (aftermarket fog lights, bremmbo cross drilled and slotted roters. <p>Price: 6700<p>I really like this one, it has alot done to it but the kms are a little high<p>2)94 Mx-3 GS 5spd, its red and has only 78,000km and runs perfectly <p>Price: 6500<p>This one has low kms and is all stock. The deck is busted so I would have to replace that and put a system in so extra $$$<p>3)1994 V6 GS With LEATHER
5spd, black on black front and rear leather, ps, pw, pdl, p.roof, 5star rims, C.spec spoiler, front lip, bra, 152,000 km, cert e-tested.<p>Lots of new parts with reciepts(exhaust, front brakes, alternator, cv shaft)<p>Price: ???<p>Don't have too much info on it nor do I have pics but I like the leather interior<p>4)White Mazda Mx-3 GSR (White Fish's)
~170k
2.5L v6 motor has ~150k
Custom Back and White interior
Indiglo gauges
Side skirts
home depot CAI
STS
drilled & slotted front rotors
New rear Calipers, pads and rotors
New KYB struts all around
TSW Hock R with 215/40/17 Yokohama Pradas
front and rear uper tower braces
Extras (not on car)
Front and Rear Erebuni bumper covers
water pump
timing belt
timing belt tentioner and astorted pulleys
factor rims with 2 snows 2 all seasons
1.8 intake manifold, rails and TB
Factory air box
factory Cat.<p>Price: ~$7000<p>Another sweet looking car witha lot done to it, has been in a minor accident and does have some rust<p>Thanks!<p>[ January 15, 2003: Message edited by: Phire ]</p>
quinn_seipp

Re: Need Help Deciding

Post by quinn_seipp »

130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

I'd also go for #2 due to the fact the KM are low and that u can build your own machine :D ...It may cost a little more but u'll love it just that much more.
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

i would go for whitefish's car,,, cuz i dont trust any car's KMs,,, and secondly that his car is an already supped up car and you dont really have spend on it,, if i wouldnt have bought my own white precidia, i would buy his,, :shrug:
DVH

Post by DVH »

Where's the fun in gettin a car thats already done up.....thats the best part......just my opinion. I think gettin a car with sh*t done to it is like copying and that u can't think of ur own creative ideas.......unless if u buy white fish's car, maybe change some stuff like rims and front bumper, and put a KL-ZE instead of KL-03<p>I would go with the stock one, # 2 ;)
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

yeah man, go with number 2,yeah its cool to start with a souped up car in a lot of peoples opions but not mine, i like personally to see my car grow from what i have done to it, that way you know your car a lot of better if you do everything so its good to learn your car,when i first got my car i didnt know much about the mx, now doing my interior myself, i know the inside of the car like under the dash very good and i find it fun doing all that ****, but before you start to customize your car, make sure its running the best it possibly can, that was my mistake, but i learned, lol<p> peace, (5 speed, i think i can speak for derek and my self on this one, we are jelous, lol)
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
Phire

Post by Phire »

Well see the thing is I won't have any money to spend on doing it up. I have to pay car loan, insuarnace, university all by myself ona part time job.
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

lol, yeah i know where your coming from but, i have all the same **** as you, loan, insurance and paying for school all for part time job and i bought my mx stock, i got some nice deals on what i do have but im glad i bought it stock over buying one already modded, its a lot more fun this way, you just have to save every penny, but there are tons of mods to do that are cheaper then you think, plus if you buy one modded right from the beginning, and its the same price as the other, yeah it looks good, but my questions would be, whats wrong under the hood, cause what good is a nice looking car at the top of your driveway???
JºrDôñ

gti_driven@hotmail.com
Phire

Post by Phire »

Well apparently nothing to these cars. I dunno I did alot of figures and the money I would have extra isn't a whole lot and not to mention I don't know a whole lot about modding cars, but that is somethign I am going to learn about.
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

man, if you ask me and probally everyone on here, all the fun is trying to save up to pay for that wing or that bodykit, that way you like it more if you saved up for it and put it on yourself, but this is all personal, i had the choice of buying a modded car or buy a stock one, and like you say you dont know anything about doing up your car, well thats what all of us are for bro, i bet if you wanna do, someone on here has either done it, doing it, or gonna be doing it, but its your choice right<p> peace and good luck
JºrDôñ

gti_driven@hotmail.com
DVH

Post by DVH »

im not goin sit hear and make u do something u don't want to do, but when i started way back in 2001, i had no clue what a body kit and intake etc.. and those funny lookin black hoods were.....i just thought they were cheap people and couldn't afford any more panit..lol, of course i know they are carbon fiber.....but u what i mean. <p>Point is : u don't till u try it ur self! :D
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
Phire

Post by Phire »

Well with all that said I'm probably gonna look into the Red 94 with ~70,000kms.<p>Beyond the stereo what should the first mods I do to my car be? Remember my budget is not that great and if you can provide some links about that part or where to buy it, it would be greatly appreciated.<p>Thanks for all the help.
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

#2 or #4
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

yo bro, if your lookin cheap mods, do the interior up, make the inside of the car look sick and its really cheap, but man dont buy that car cause i seemed like i forced you, buy it cause its what YOU want<p> peace
JºrDôñ

gti_driven@hotmail.com
Shades

Post by Shades »

I'd like a number two combo please, and that's "to go"...<p>If you don't care about making the car your own then go with whatever you want... but if you want to spend money on the car start with the basic's and build up... unless you have a girlfriend then well you know where your money will go... Hahaha!<p>But once you start mod'ing your car you won't stop... it's like a really expensive adiction... well for me at least... unless you can resist... :p
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”