Viper 300HF vs. Alpine SEC-100

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
MX3Gurl

Viper 300HF vs. Alpine SEC-100

Post by MX3Gurl »

Can't decide on which alarm to get. i've chosen two so far... anyone have any experience with either one? <P>mzdspd: you mentioned the viper was a nicer alarm, can you please explain why? i'd love to hear your comments on the Viper.... <P>Model 300HF<P>* Code Hopping<BR>* Silent Mode<BR>* Six Tone Revenger Siren <BR>* Stinger Doubleguard Shock Sensor<BR>* Warn Away<BR>* Status LED<BR>* Active/Passive Arming<BR>* Remote Valet<BR>* Nuisance Prevention Circuitry (NPC)<BR>* Learn Routine<BR>* High Security Disarm<BR>* True Alarm Technology<BR>* Parking Light Flash<BR>* Automatic Engine Disable (AED)<BR>* Forced Passive Arming<BR>* Progressive Door Trigger<BR>* Soft Chirp<BR>* Panic (Car locator)<BR>* Ignition Controlled Door Locks<BR>* 2 Channel System<P>Alpine SEC-100<P>Convenience Features <BR>3 EXT Outputs <BR>Alarm Silencing Through Remote Control <BR>Armed Output <BR>Audio Control Output Capability <BR>Car Finder Function <BR>Digital Pager Data Output <BR>Dome Light Surveillance Output <BR>EXT Trunk Sensor Cancel <BR>Faulty Sensor Bypass <BR>Lock/Unlock Outputs <BR>On-Board Light Flash Relay <BR>Priority Door Unlock Output <BR>Programmable EXT Outputs (Pulsed, Continuous, Latched) <BR>Remote Starter Compensation <BR>SEC-8205 Digital Pager Data Output <BR>SEC-8348 Infrared Audio Controller Output <BR>Sensor Cancel <BR>Silent Arm (Capable) <BR>Tripped Sensor Indication <BR>Tripped Sensor Warning <BR>Two Car Operation <BR>Remote Control Features <P>4-Button remote Control (SEC-RC001) <BR>5,300 Trillion cubed possible code combinations <BR>Full Time Panic <BR>Impact Sensor Adjustment <BR>Keyless Entry In Valet <BR>Protected Valet <BR>Silent Arm (Selectable) <BR>Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) Technology <BR>Two Remote Controls Included <BR>Security Features <P>115dB soft Chirp Siren <BR>123dB Soft Chirp Siren <BR>Code Learning (Up to Four Independant Remote Controls) <BR>Door Trigger Input <BR>Dual Stage Impact Sensor Included <BR>Hood/Trunk Trigger Input <BR>Ignition Trigger Input <BR>Keyless Entry In Valet <BR>LED Status Indicator <BR>Microprocessor Controlled Main Unit <BR>Panic Re-Arm (Selectable) <BR>Selectable Ignition Controlled Door & Unlock <BR>Selectable Starter Interrupt (NO/NC) <BR>Starter Interrupt Relay Included <BR>Super Bright Crystal Blue Status LED <BR>Super Regenerative Receiver <BR>Superheterodyne Receiver with SAW Technology <BR>Superregenerative Receiver <BR>Valet/Disarm Switch <P>BTW, the alpine is slighty more expensive, but the looks of the alpine remote is nicer IMO. <P>Thanks again.
polak_gino

Re: Viper 300HF vs. Alpine SEC-100

Post by polak_gino »

i have the viper, i am satisfied with it. ive had it for about 2 years now, ive had no probs with it, and my car hasnt been brokern into it yet.
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

I have( well, had!!) the alpine one!<BR>one word, its chinese made and its sucks big time!!<BR>The siren sounds like you are pinching a baby! its not sensitive @ all, although it was on maximum sesitiveness,!<P>The extensions are very kewl if you have sunroof or power windows or it even starts your soundsystem!<BR>It has a very kewl panic light inside the car and also the 2 remotes are the best and kewlest design i have seen!<BR>If you want show, go for it! but i didnt have a good experience with the system itself!<BR>latez :D
novadoc

Post by novadoc »

a car alarm is only as good as the install<P>so make sure you get it done by a professional at a reputable shop<P>ive heard a few horror stories from people who went to future shop or best buy<P>my $.02<p>[ December 11, 2002: Message edited by: NoVa ]
NoVa<p>Image
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

well mx3gurl ive helped install and seen many m,any alarms and i can say that the vipers are built much better than the alpines. alpine is an audio company and an apearence audio company at that. they are more show than reliability and performance im not saying there audio stuff sucks because for mainstream stuff it is good but u can do everything with that viper that u can do with the alpine except not as many outputs (but who needs that many) just remember to get the 4 button remote with the viper. im also pretty sure that the viper has a better guarentee. also avital and clifford are very nice alarms and are made by dei(very good company) also like the viper. also somthin to think about would u buy viper audio stuff that would be the same as buying an alpine alarm they are just there for the company to make more money <BR>just my 2 cents
MX3Gurl

Post by MX3Gurl »

thanks for all the input guys. looks like i'll be getting the viper alarm... :) <P>and yes, i'll definitely have the professionals install the alarm for me. and its not futureshop nor bestbuy. those guys don't seem to know anything.... i'll be going to an audio/car security place which has been around for over 10yrs. <P>Thanks again for the input....
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

just make sure u don't pay to much for the install and how worried are u about keeping ur car secure <BR>if u really want it safe i can give u some things for u to tell them that will really throw theifs off if they do get in ur car let me know
Aaron MacDougall

Post by Aaron MacDougall »

I'd go viper all the way. I have a 500hf with alot of addons and the thing is just amazing. I'd say the lower model vipers are alot better than higher end alpines.
Da_Wiggy

Post by Da_Wiggy »

I have the alpine sec-8063 (discontinued top of the line) and I wouldn't trade it for any thing. Alpines are definatly harder to set up properly but once they are dialed properly, Alpine is rock solid. My one complaint is (if you opt for it) the range for the pager isn't great. But the bottom line is its almost all in the install.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”