Installing a computer in your car

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
VizualXTC

Re: Installing a computer in your car

Post by VizualXTC »

basically I was figuring the LCD would be attached to the far left of the picture. Then it would be able to slide in and out of the glove compartment. Before sliding in it would be able to fold back (face up) and then slide in so the screen is facing upwards. Just a thought. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Psyrg

Post by Psyrg »

I'm sure that LCD would have cost quite a bit. Personally, I'm hoping for a much smaller display (and thus cheaper :)) that may be able to hide inside the dash.<P>You know, I have exactly the same metal case, and I was going to install a computer in it. Dammit, you beat me to it. :)
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

A 15" LCD is larger than i originally wanted, but its cheep. I wanted a 8.4" lcd, but that was tripple the price of that i paid for the 15", and their resolution sux, they're usually 1480 x 234, you trying doing anything on that except movies or games. i saw this nice 7" lcd that they used in a shuttle pc mod, but it'll cost me almost $2000cdn for it, i paid $450 for my 15".
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”