subs don't sound good

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
msatz

subs don't sound good

Post by msatz »

I have just hooked up my 2 10" explod subs onto my boss 400x2 amp. And for some reason they didn't sound good, but one day i decided to mess with it and changed the balance to the right side and my one sub sounded better then both the two together.I also tried changing the balance to the other side and it sounded the same as the other one, so my subs are fine. If i could get both my subs to sound as good as the one then my system would sound great. what could i do to get both my subs to sound like the one?
Geezer000

Re: subs don't sound good

Post by Geezer000 »

You probably reversed the polarity on one of the subs.<BR>Try switching the + and - around on ONE and only ONE of the subs.......<BR>It should sound much better after....
mazda_stud

Post by mazda_stud »

also check the box size, if your box is to small and you have two subs in it then disconnect 1 it will sound better because the box suddenly became closer to the right cubic feet for the speeker. You will notice this more if you have a sealed box. Your amp might just be to small two have a current loss of two woofers hooked up. Good luck. :roll:
LIFE IS A HIGHWAY I WANT TO DRIVE IT ALL NIGHT LONG!
DiGiTaL

Post by DiGiTaL »

I agree with geezer. Your subs are most likely out of phase. Just switch the wires on one like geezer said.
KamiKazi

Post by KamiKazi »

Also face ur subs in the back towards the rear of your car and u while get a better thump b/c it is hitting off the hatch...just my 02... [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
MattsGirl9500

Post by MattsGirl9500 »

one reason they dont sound good is because they are explods.. sorry dude but those suck... get some better ones, the only good thing sony makes is the amps....
~Alisha
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Alisha is totally Right, they don't call them Xplode cause they have awesome bass. I personally went with a single 12" Type-R. Makes me happy
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Mx3Mazda

Post by Mx3Mazda »

i beg to differ with u... i think sony amps also suck.. there only good thing is decks...
Moe_maX

Post by Moe_maX »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Alisha:<BR><STRONG> the only good thing sony makes is the amps....</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>lol, are you serious??? there amps are so over-rated its funny... as for the decks... i do agree, there nice, cheap and look good.<BR>but there are so many other brands that surpass them... Pioneer for instance... :)
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

I believe in his case, the Boss amp should be replaced. If you get a decent amp, those Explods' will be fine.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Geezer000

Post by Geezer000 »

What are all your problems?<BR>If he likes the stuff he has power to him. I think that setup should sound great.<BR>It was just a polarity problem that he had.<BR>jjjjjjeeeeeesssshhhhhhhh......
94MX3

Post by 94MX3 »

Stick to the goodies like 2 12" Type-R's :) what im getting
No Cop No Stop I Dont Care<P>Daniel Jones<BR>94' Mx-3 RS<BR>Blaze Red<BR>1.6L DOHC
msatz

Post by msatz »

no, i got my subs working, it was just to switch the wires on one side like everyone was saying, thanks. but i had just got a 15" audiobahn alum15. it has supposidly 1100 RMS, and i am getting a legacy 1000 amp for it, I'm gonna have those sony's and this 15" pounding in my car. I feel like i should call up my insurance company and get some glass coverage on it i guess. thanks again guys

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”