Subs wont thump.

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Tman

Subs wont thump.

Post by Tman »

Is there any way that my cd player could be messed up? I have 2 12's and a 600 Watt amp. Everything works fine, except in my car. Is there any way that my cd player wont read to my subs? Everything is hooked up, it just wont work.
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
mazda_stud

Re: Subs wont thump.

Post by mazda_stud »

well buddy you make it hard for me to fix your problem. I don't know what is going on. But here are some things to check for, they are common mistakes that I see. Is your blue remote turn on wire hooked up to your amp. is your amp turning on. Check your ground and check all power connections, also make sure that your fuse is good. Are your rca cable's plugged into your deck and amp, make sure to check this out! You said you had 2 woofers hooked up. Are you running them in parellel or series. This may case your amp to run at an unstable ohm load and cause your am to shut off and go into protection. Try hooking them different. 2 channel amp hook + to + And - to - on both subs, this will make your load stabel for your amp. If this does not work tell me what is happening and what kind of equippment you have and I will be able to help you more. Let me now what is hapening, Talk to to you latter! :eek:
LIFE IS A HIGHWAY I WANT TO DRIVE IT ALL NIGHT LONG!
CanadianMx-3

Post by CanadianMx-3 »

what kind of equipment are you using
Dedicated SR20 SLUT
Tman

Post by Tman »

2 12" punch subs, and a 600W mono bazooka amp
mazda_stud

Post by mazda_stud »

is your amp turning on. what is not happening!
Tman

Post by Tman »

yes, the amp light is on, and when i turn my cd player off, the amp turns off as well. I am not sure but would it matter the fact that it is a mono amp? And how am i suppose to hook up my subs with a mono amp, series or parallel?
mazda_stud

Post by mazda_stud »

are they dual voice coil subs? Did you try just hooking one sub to see if it works. With series if you have a blown sub both subs will not work because it is taking a link out of the chain. Do you have a multi meter? If you do set it to 20 ohm and test the speaker wire at the speaker wire at the amp tell me what you find out. :roll:
Moe_maX

Post by Moe_maX »

most likely its your RCA's... i had a similar problem when only one of my 12's was running... I broke one side of the RCA's replaced them and everything works great. ;)
nicolasbeique

Post by nicolasbeique »

Had the same problem... it ended being the wire going from my amp to my sub that was bad...
<A HREF="http://www.spheregraphics.com/" TARGET=_blank>Image</A>

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”