Help me stereo experts, you're my only hope!

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
zx6r

Help me stereo experts, you're my only hope!

Post by zx6r »

Hey guys,<P>Let me stary by saying that Car Audio is something I'm not particulary awesome at... So here we go..<P>Okay, this has been killing me, the same stereo (subs, box, amp) I took out of my '88 RX-7, I put into my MX-3. Sounds like s---. SO i tried my buddy's band pass box with two 10's, still sounds like s---...<BR> <BR>SO maybe someone can give me a hand<P>What I've got right now.. is 2 10's in a sealed box a Panasonic DF301U head unit.. and this amp..<BR> <A HREF="http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pione ... 43,00.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pione ... A/CarProdu cts/POC_Eng_CarProductDetails/0,1825,743,00.html</A> <P>I'm starting to think maybe the Amp doesn't have enough power.. only because I don't know enough about this stuff to think otherwise, I've got it set to 2channel and have it bridged.. does that make sense??<P>The best I've had it working was where some lower frequency bass sounded half decent, but the higher bass sounded factory.. just BRUTAL!!<P>I think i'll have to take some pics for y'all to understand, but before that, any tips, tricks.. or ANYTHING will be much appreciated..!!<P>Thanks<P>Tawheed<p>[ May 05, 2002: Message edited by: Tawheed ]
-=All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wonder are lost=-
VizualXTC

Re: Help me stereo experts, you're my only hope!

Post by VizualXTC »

Well, depends on what you mean by "s---" Do you mean it's not hitting hard, or the sound is bad?<BR>If it's the hard bass your missing, then I would have to think that it's the enclosure, and the power. Some hatchbacks have a hard time making sealed boxes sound good. Ours is one. My system used to get people to stop and ask me what I had. Then I put it in my MX-3. Outside the car I can barely hear the bass. I would get a ported box (make sure it's built to the specs of the subs) that fires backward.<BR>If it's shitty sound then I would have to say wiring. Make sure that all your wires are good quality, and make sure that the RCA's are running on the opposite side as the power and remote. The ground should not be over 1' long, and should be at least the diameter of the power wire. Also, you may look into a noise eliminator. If all this don't fix it, I would look into getting new subs or a new amp. You'll want an amp that is only 2 channels instead of four. If you bridge it, it drops the impedance and maybe your subs aren't rated for that impedance. A little more information is needed, and still unless you take it to a certified technician we can't give a certian diagnosis. Hope it works out for you.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”