Problem with subs...

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
DJ_X-ToNe

Problem with subs...

Post by DJ_X-ToNe »

Ok my system consits of the new 2002 kicker 600.4 amp and 2 bazooka 12's. The right sub stoped hitting..i checked the speaker wire connections from the amp to the box and the box to the sub and no prob's..the left sub hits fine..any sugestion's/fixes?? Thanks!
Sonicxtacy02

Re: Problem with subs...

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

have you checked the wire from the box connector inside the box to the back of the sub?<P>Also, try reversing the channels so that the wires that are working run to the sub thats not. If it works then you know its a prob with your amp or the amps connection to the radio.<P>Should that be the case switch the RCA's, if the wire that used to be connected to the right sub doesnt work.. you know you either have a problem with the cable or the preamp output on the back of the radio.<P>Good luck
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
DJ_X-ToNe

Post by DJ_X-ToNe »

Ok, I just switched the speaker wires..and am still having problem with the one sub..it wasnt the wires, the right sub is having trouble..the left is fine...when i switched the wires..still same..so there's gotta be something wrong with the wiring from the sub to the "box"..is the this only possible imperfection..or could it be the sub is blown..im just wondering what all possibles could be..Thanks
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DJ_X-ToNe:<BR><STRONG>Ok, I just switched the speaker wires..and am still having problem with the one sub..it wasnt the wires, the right sub is having trouble..the left is fine...when i switched the wires..still same..so there's gotta be something wrong with the wiring from the sub to the "box"..is the this only possible imperfection..or could it be the sub is blown..im just wondering what all possibles could be..Thanks</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Try changing the wiring from the left sub to the right. That will tell you if it's blown or not. It could be the amp. Although it's new it could have a problem. Maybe there is a short in the wiring. Did you wire the sub with the RCA inputs or a high level input? If the sub was blown it should still give a little noise discharge unless you really fucked it up. I'm sure it's a basic problem, but you will want to check every aspect of your system from the deck back.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

blown subs still make noise(unless you fried them, and then you can't move them even if you push on them). Sounds to me like you just have bad connections in the box. Have you checked that yet?<P>If you truely think you blew the sub, go to radio shack and by a volts/ohm/etc meter, and test the ohms of the "non-working" sub.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”