Component Speakers in door

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
BumpNGlow

Component Speakers in door

Post by BumpNGlow »

I am trying to find real info on what I can and cannot do in the doors w/out expensive mods.... I have read that ppl fit 6.5s and 5.25s, but when I look at charts, they say 5.25 is the cutout... whats the deal w/ that? Also, how large of a mounting depth can I go? I have seen that 2 3/16 is the largest according to the charts. That doesn't leave me w/ very many high end components... What does everyone have in their car?
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
The_Great_Tonge

Re: Component Speakers in door

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

well i have the pioneer ts-c1653 component set in the front. its 6.5, but the windows hit it [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img] so i guess i should have megered it
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I have Infinity 50_3cs 5.25" components in my car. Looks and sounds awesome.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
DiGiTaL

Post by DiGiTaL »

I have Focal PolyKevlar 6.5" components in front spaced by a .5" thick piece of MDF.
GMGQ

Post by GMGQ »

I've got Sony Xplod 5.25" components in the front, and 6.5" in the back.<P>In hindsight, I should have got 6.5" for the front as well. They're footprint is actually THE SAME. The actual speaker part is just a bit smaller for the 5.25", but the metal around the speakers are the same size. <P>So I dunno about other brands, but you should check the measurements of the 6.5" version to see if it's doable. Most likely it is. <P>And I've made lucite rings for my speakers in the front to use as a spacer. Without it, the back of the speakers 'barely' touch the window when it goes all the way down. So you'll probably have to space it out about 0.5"to be on the safe side (as there is a lot of wiggle-room behind the speaker grill).
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DiGiTaL:<BR><STRONG>I have Focal PolyKevlar 6.5" components in front spaced by a .5" thick piece of MDF.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>did you do any mods so that the speaker didn't hit the grill? I was looking at focals... they are sweet speakers!!!
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
barnseee

Post by barnseee »

I have a 12 pionner bullet, crossfire amp 17cm pioneer 2 ways in the door pionner 6 inch in the rear.<P>And what gets me going is that who ever had my car before put 8" woofers in the door with 4 inch midranch and 2 " tweeter and 8" in the back panel, plus who knows what else. My doors are custom so thats why they can fit 8" woofers. I havnt got the moeny to do it though.
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

got any pics? your doors sound pretty nice... and expensive!
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

Post by Guest »

damn i wish i had the money for half of the speakers you guys are talking aroud, unfortunately i dont' so my systems on the cheap side mostly from walmart but the deck is is a powerful Blaupunk <BR>in the doors i have jensen 6.5's 120W but htey don't fit perfeclty so only two screws are hold ing each of them in, but by the sound you can't tell, i had 6x9 Jensen in my last car so i put those in my mazda inside enclosures w/ neon around them. <BR>so basically i have a decent system (deck, speakers, enclosures and install) all for under $200usd so no conplaints here. now i just need an amp for my 10' pioneer 400W IMMP subwoofer. <BR>I know it's not that impresive , but for a poor 16 year old white dude that lives in a trailor, im proud :D
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by adam walker:<BR><STRONG>damn i wish i had the money for half of the speakers you guys are talking aroud, unfortunately i dont' so my systems on the cheap side mostly from walmart but the deck is is a powerful Blaupunk <BR>in the doors i have jensen 6.5's 120W but htey don't fit perfeclty so only two screws are hold ing each of them in, but by the sound you can't tell, i had 6x9 Jensen in my last car so i put those in my mazda inside enclosures w/ neon around them. <BR>so basically i have a decent system (deck, speakers, enclosures and install) all for under $200usd so no conplaints here. now i just need an amp for my 10' pioneer 400W IMMP subwoofer. <BR>I know it's not that impresive , but for a poor 16 year old white dude that lives in a trailor, im proud :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Dood, do what I do. Search Ebay. It may take some time but you can get s--- for CHEAP!
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Shades

Post by Shades »

Well my car is new to me but I already got some 6 1/2" JBL in the front (<A HREF="http://www.jbl.com/car/product.asp?prod ... TS&cat=MEL" TARGET=_blank>GTO625</A>) and I plan to put the same in the back. They have a nice woofer cone which spreads out almost to the edges which increases the surface area (ie. better bass). It came with 3 mounting rings which all had different holes to fit all types of vehicles. As for depth I didn't have a problem with it interferring with my window. Check 'em out as the also have a sharp swivel tweeter. They pound pretty good with the stock stereo I have now but I plan to put a Panasonic CQ-DFX572 (<A HREF="http://www.panasonic.ca/English/car/car ... dfx572.htm" TARGET=_blank>CD/MP3</A>)in a couple of weeks, cause I ordered it direct from Panasonic... good money saver. For subs... well I want to get something good and haven't really looked into it.<P>I hear that certain models you have to take the whole door panel off to install speakers in the door. Mine I just have to take the little speaker cover off... nice.
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

i'm putting two kenwood 3-way 6x9's in the front...why? because i can and no one else did before...well to my knowledge at least.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
heattreated

Post by heattreated »

I put 6.5 rockfords for all four speakers.. easy to fit.. just have to raise it a bit so it doesn't hit the window..
to all civics "want to race?"
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

I got a custom door pod in the front with Alpine Type-R 6.5" Component Set. :)
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

any pics talon? I am looking for ideas
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”