for people running +1500watts

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
codyhoover

Re: for people running +1500watts

Post by codyhoover »

go for it.<BR>believe what someone else sais.<P>i can use my stereo as proof(820w max). without the cap, all my lights dim. with the cap, nothing dims. not the headlights, not the interior lights, nothing. <P>in my experiences most people install caps wrong, so yes they do nothing. but if installed right they WILL help your system. capasitors have at least 10x the amp discharge rate of bateries and can suply instantainiously up to 1 kilowatt per farrad. the US navy uses them in every system onboard a boat(trust me i was a nuclear engineer aboard the uss georgia, ssbn 729, for 2 years). why the hell would the navy use capasitors if they "sucked". <P>i have real world results that show capasitors work and i will gladly prove it to anyoneone that dissagrees. <P>please i would like to prove you wrong<BR>cody_hoover@hotmail.com<BR>aol im: hoovercodeman
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"
codyhoover

Post by codyhoover »

BumpNGlow<P>not to call you a lier but it takes a fraction of a secoind to recharge capasitor. your theory of capasitors hurting you is so no true. find out how capacitors vs batteries really work an then talk.
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by codyhoover:<BR><STRONG>go for it.<BR>believe what someone else sais.<P>i can use my stereo as proof(820w max). without the cap, all my lights dim. with the cap, nothing dims. not the headlights, not the interior lights, nothing. <P>in my experiences most people install caps wrong, so yes they do nothing. but if installed right they WILL help your system. capasitors have at least 10x the amp discharge rate of bateries and can suply instantainiously up to 1 kilowatt per farrad. the US navy uses them in every system onboard a boat(trust me i was a nuclear engineer aboard the uss georgia, ssbn 729, for 2 years). why the hell would the navy use capasitors if they "sucked". <P>i have real world results that show capasitors work and i will gladly prove it to anyoneone that dissagrees. <P>please i would like to prove you wrong<BR>cody_hoover@hotmail.com<BR>aol im: hoovercodeman</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Im glad that you find that a cap helps. I dont know why you need one with only 820 watt max though, thats like 400 watt rms or so.<P>As for me, I rather take the time and upgrade everythign else (ground wires etc) before ever even considering a cap.
MX-3 Extreme

Post by MX-3 Extreme »

well guy's I have to agree with both or your views on the cap issue..but I am not going to waste my time arguing who may be right or wrong or what or where your copied explanations on caps or batteries or automotive electrical systems..the bottom line is that the audio system will differ from car to car and system to system and caps can be very useful in most cases but in others can cause large SPL vehicles to have minor or time problems while competing..I always read all of these car write-ups cause even know I am a 8 yr certified car audio installer and have more car audio installation certificates than most I always believe that every car system can act or see different affects due to installation and quality of equipment.. I have been an IASCA pro competitor and have won awards for my work in my cars and all I can say is if you can enjoy it then leave it alone...<P>Killermx3<BR>First class MECP certified <BR>Ontario Automotive certified technician
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by codyhoover:<BR><STRONG>BumpNGlow<P>not to call you a lier but it takes a fraction of a secoind to recharge capasitor. your theory of capasitors hurting you is so no true. find out how capacitors vs batteries really work an then talk.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Don't come on here trying to start s--- man, even Richard Clark states the same thing I did: "...Ironically, when the musical peak is complete, the cap will present a load to the battery/alternator."<BR>Do you know how many SPL cars use caps? not many, just the occasional van... they all load up w/ batteries.... why is that?
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”