Power Window Swap

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
HRO

Power Window Swap

Post by HRO »

I currently have manual windows in my 94 RS. I want to swap to power windows. What would I need to do this swap without swapping the doors? I already have a set of power window door panels, and can get the motors, is that all I would need?<p>Thanks for the help and input. :)
My Cardomain Site<p>Image<p> FBSS Air suspension, 12 gallon tank, viair 450 comp
airjordon_09

Re: Power Window Swap

Post by airjordon_09 »

yeah, i was looking into the same thing, does anyone out there know anything else we need??? thanx also<p>
peace
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
o0mx30o

Post by o0mx30o »

i dont know if this is the same but i have power door locks and i put my alarm in and the drivers door does not have a moter so i had to buy one and a relay and now i can controll the doors with my remote, i think all u need to do i buy the moter and maybe a relay if u find the moter doesnt seem to have enuf "juice" to lock and unlock.
HRO

Post by HRO »

I have power locks already so that's no problem, but I think some power window systems have tracks and many other things other then the motor, and i'm not sure if the mx is one of these. or if its just buy a motor and bolt it on. Any other comments?
My Cardomain Site<p>Image<p> FBSS Air suspension, 12 gallon tank, viair 450 comp
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

its a motor, tracks, relay/s, wiring, buttons and the door panel, thats what you need and there might be even more stuff which i dunno of, the information i got is from the dufferin mazda dealership,,,, if its wrong blame them,, :D :D
HRO

Post by HRO »

Thanks man.
Does anyone know if I need new windows? I've seen some power windows that hook onto a small hole in the bottom of the window, and if that's the case i'm not going to bother. If it's just motor and track and wiring though, i'll go through with it.
anyone else?
HRO

Post by HRO »

Well, I think i'm going to have to scrap that idea. The motors will cost $150cdn each, and that's at list price from a wreckers. So I may end up either getting new doors, or just give up... :confused:
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

Have you considered getting motors from an aftermarket company, specifically for converting manual to power windows? I belive you could then use your power window capable door panels. <p>Not totally sure though, check to see if your PW door panels will fit without the window handel on. If it fits, you should be able to go that route. BTW, please post if it fits or not, I'm considering this.
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
novadoc

Post by novadoc »

kit 1<p>kit 2<p>home page<p>maybe this would be better?
considering the whole kit is just a bit more than one of the motors you were lookin at :D<p>[ January 12, 2003: Message edited by: NoVa ]</p>
NoVa<p>Image
Postman2K

Post by Postman2K »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mx3vs:
Well, I think i'm going to have to scrap that idea. The motors will cost $150cdn each, and that's at list price from a wreckers. So I may end up either getting new doors, or just give up... :confused: <hr></blockquote><p>hey, i have a pair of power-window motors for a '94. the units include both motors and wire tracks. willing to sell them both for $130CND. i can email you a pic.<p>POSTMANPRODUCTIONS@EXCITE.COM
2007 Mazda3 GT Hatchback (Phantom Blue Mica) - DAILY DRIVER
2004 Mazda3 GT Hatchback (Passion Lava Orange) - FOR SALE
1994 Mazda Mx-3 GS (Laguna Blue) - RETIRED/JUNKED
1995 Mazda Mx-3 RS (Dark blue) - SOLD

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”