Replacing stock speakers with larger ones

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Gruneun

Replacing stock speakers with larger ones

Post by Gruneun »

I've seen a lot of references to people putting 6.5" speakers in the door openings. What are the different brands that people have used? Has anyone done the same with the rears?<P>I've been happy with my Infinity speakers so I'd love to hear someone say they've put some larger Kappas in. I'm not against making some complicated brackets, I just want to hear some success stories from others, first.<P>Thanks,<BR>Brian
5spd_GS

Re: Replacing stock speakers with larger ones

Post by 5spd_GS »

i have 200watt clarions in my doors, and 1.5 inch tweeters as well
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

My buddy put Blaupunkt Overdrive 6.5" component set in the doors. Fit nicely. In my civic I put AVI Direct EL component set in. I had to do some modding and make a new mounting baffle out of MDF cause the magnet on these mid bass are big.
Gruneun

Post by Gruneun »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 5spd_GS:<BR><STRONG>i have 200watt clarions in my doors, and 1.5 inch tweeters as well</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Did you have to accomodate additional depth with your new speakers or did they drop right in?<P>I also had a problem with water damage on one speaker (the stocks have a plastic cover on the back). Did you put a back on your new ones?<P>Thanks,<BR>Brian

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”