Suggestions on new system

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
MX-3freak

Suggestions on new system

Post by MX-3freak »

I just had my subs and amp stolen from my car. I was running a very very cheap system that a freind had given me from a long time ago. It was 2 12" Earthquake Subs and a 600Watt Kenwood amp. Right now I'm looking for a new system and do not know much about them so I am looking for suggestions on good subs and amps and what makes a good combination.
MX-3freak

Re: Suggestions on new system

Post by MX-3freak »

On another note I have a 600Watt Pyramid amp lying around the house. I know Pyramid is not good but would that be cool to pump internals? and can someone give me suggestions on internals I wanna replace all 4
blue eyes

Post by blue eyes »

You should go with planet audio speakers all the way around. They are amazing speakers, they never bottom out and have amazing highend range. Note to metion that the new planet audio subs " The Neo" Has a new inovative design where the spaeker coil is infront of the speaker, so it will never burn out. Also they us a very strong magnet on it just like the magnets on tweeters, so very little space is taken up.<P>My advice go and listen to every thing and way the cost to sound ratio. Planet ausio is awsome and if you go to a good dealer won't be to expensive... :D
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by blue eyes:<BR><STRONG>You should go with planet audio speakers all the way around. They are amazing speakers, they never bottom out and have amazing highend range. Note to metion that the new planet audio subs " The Neo" Has a new inovative design where the spaeker coil is infront of the speaker, so it will never burn out. Also they us a very strong magnet on it just like the magnets on tweeters, so very little space is taken up.<P>My advice go and listen to every thing and way the cost to sound ratio. Planet ausio is awsome and if you go to a good dealer won't be to expensive... :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Give me those speakers Ill make them bottom out in 2 seconds.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX-3freak:<BR><STRONG>I just had my subs and amp stolen from my car. I was running a very very cheap system that a freind had given me from a long time ago. It was 2 12" Earthquake Subs and a 600Watt Kenwood amp. Right now I'm looking for a new system and do not know much about them so I am looking for suggestions on good subs and amps and what makes a good combination.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>My preferences are (amps) Kenwood, Planet Audio, MTX (subs) MTX8000, Pioneer VCCS Pro, Kenwood dB+, Orion HCCA, and Soundstream....anything but JL
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
corona

Post by corona »

If you wnat a nice system the go whit nice speakers like DIGITAL DESIGN, ADIRE SHIVA II,<BR>KICKER SOLOBARIC, CROSSFIRE, JL AUDIO AND NOT THOSE CHEAP PIONEER,JVC,JENSEN AND ALL THAT CRAP
"Its not how you stand beside your car, is how you race it"<BR> Ja-Rule
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by oo7sniper:<BR><STRONG>Personaly I stick with Orion! There actualy A/D/S in a different wrap at a lower cost...same performance! The other company I'd reccomend it Memphis Car Audio! My car with 6.5" Orion XTR components up front, 6.5' Orion Cobalt coaxial components in the rear with them running off a Orion Xtreme 400.4 4channel amp (50x4RMS @4ohm, 100x4RMS @ 2ohm, & 200x2RMS @ 4ohm) for highs and mids; then with 2 12" Orion XTR Pro's in a sealed box with twice there recommended air space (temporary) running off a Orion XTR Pro 1000 class D Digital mono block (250x1RMS @4ohm, 500x1RMS @2ohm, 1000x1RMS @1ohm) at a 1ohm load hits around 150db's! When I only had 1 12" pro getting only 400watts RMS (they are rated at 500RMS/1000Peak each) it hit a metered 138.6db's on the dash in a single sealed box by itself...no highs or mids! I had a stock alternator powering my front battery & my Stinger SP1000 Deep Cycle Drycell Battery. The signal was controlled & sent by a Pioneer DEH-P7300 now with a Pioneer 12 disc changer I mounted under the dash! For the ultimate hard hitting in your face bass... go with the Orion HCCA's, Memphis SHP's, or the killer Memphis LVS's (one 12" LVS is like $1300)! Check out there sites: <A HREF="http://www.orioncaraudio.com" TARGET=_blank>www.orioncaraudio.com</A> <A HREF="http://www.memphiscaraudio.com" TARGET=_blank>www.memphiscaraudio.com</A> <P>For more info call Short Circuit in Staunton, VA at 1-540-886-8805 or<BR>wwww.ez-install.com <BR>They are Dealers for Orion, Memphis, Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, A/D/S, ect...<P>-------------------------<P>Jeremy Miller<BR>93 Mazda MX-3 RS-R :D<P>[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: oo7sniper ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>150 db is hard to belive, and you dont gain more db by having mids and highs.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by subjekt:<BR><STRONG>I've seen 151.something db get hit, but he had about 5000watts from a USAmp and 2 1000watt rms 12's, so he pounded the hell out of them. And that box was slot ported, it's pretty much impossible to hit 150 in a sealed box</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I've seen a van hit 169dB. With the right tuning, and the right materials, you could get 2 12" 1000W/RMS @ 1 Ohm to hit 150dB in a sealed box. It'd be hard, but it's doable. My truck was running 110dB with 2 12" SS Rubicons runing 200W in sealed enclosures. If I'd pushed them to their limits with the right amp, I'd have been close to 140dB.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by subjekt:<BR><STRONG>I hit 142.3db with 2 12's ported, but i'm saying 2 12's with only a 1000watt amp running 2 500watt rms subs in a sealed box will not hit 150 db. maybe 143 in a sealed box, but to hit high numbers you have to be ported. It may sound like 150 SQ but for sound pressure level (SPL) you need a port. The van you saw, when you close the doors completes the box (they clamp them shut), they basically put the db meter in the box.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Agree 100% man.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>I've seen a van hit 169dB. With the right tuning, and the right materials, you could get 2 12" 1000W/RMS @ 1 Ohm to hit 150dB in a sealed box. It'd be hard, but it's doable. My truck was running 110dB with 2 12" SS Rubicons runing 200W in sealed enclosures. If I'd pushed them to their limits with the right amp, I'd have been close to 140dB.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>110db is nothing, a stock system can prolly hit louder than 110db.<P>Id like to see a car hit 150db with sealed subs and 1000 watt rms, it doens't matter if its 1 ohm, i dont know what u put that in there.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by loudsubz:<BR><STRONG><P>110db is nothing, a stock system can prolly hit louder than 110db.<BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Stock sterio hitting 110dB??? LMAO!!! Your kidding right? MAYBE 85dB but not 110.<P>And the van wasn't like that. If they would have shut the doors it would have killed the guy sitting in the drivers seat.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>Stock sterio hitting 110dB??? LMAO!!! Your kidding right? MAYBE 85dB but not 110.<P>And the van wasn't like that. If they would have shut the doors it would have killed the guy sitting in the drivers seat.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Meter one, you will find it is probably pretty close. <P>I dont know how you only hit 110db with 2 12" SS subs, thats pretty low.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”