Alarm goes off whilst driving

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
kration

Alarm goes off whilst driving

Post by kration »

I have a problem re. my alarm sounding whilst I am driving <P>The alarm is not switched on, but the 'siren' goes off. The lights do not flash tho, and the immobiliser does not kick in.<P>This happened once on numerous occasions on 1 day, but has not recurred since. <P>It happened at the same time as the middle section of the exhaust pipe started to fail. This may just have been concidental.<P>I am concerned that this may represent a problem with the car electrics - any suggestions?
Sonicxtacy02

Re: Alarm goes off whilst driving

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

i dont see your electronics would have anything to do with an exhaust pipe, but....<P>if it happened one day and has yet to reoccur i wouldnt worry about it. If its something you just installed maybe it was a temperature extreme that caused it... i've had that happen. If your connections are bad there may be air or interference. A whole lot of things could be wrong, need more input
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
kevsurf75

Post by kevsurf75 »

I have exactly the same problem! The problem started as very intermitant but got steadily worse. In the end it would go off every time I drove it. I fitted a relay which disconects the siren when the ignition is on. If you want a diagram, e-mail me.
Lil Ruby

Post by Lil Ruby »

I had a similar problem. My alarm went off every time the winds blew!!! Then eventually it started going off while I was driving. Professionals told me my sensor was going bad. I had to get a new alarm system. I suggest you get someone to check it. Maybe not be the sensor. Just my $0.02 [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
MrsOzx

Post by MrsOzx »

Sounds like a crossed wire somewhere along the line. I had a problem where after I put my alarm in my windshield wipers went nuts while I was driving and they were off. I rewired it and it was fine after that. I have herd of the alarm going off while driving, but I have never had it happen to a car I have installed in. Have you checked to see if your disabler is working when it goes off and your car is not running? I would have it rewired even if it is not doing it anymore. Because if it has not been checked yet than at one point it has obviously not been working right and the chances are that there is still something not working properly. So what good is having an alarm? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]<BR>.02<p>[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: MrsOzx ]
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”