audio quality

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Redline

audio quality

Post by Redline »

I know little bout car audio, but I want something with better quality than the set up I have now. All I have now is a Sony head unit and all around 3way speakers. I was thinking about a Bazooka tube? There is one that offers a 150watt bass tube with a 25watt x 4 amp for your mids and highs. Is this any good? Or I was thinking about a Pioneer 35x2 amp for mids/highs, and a Pioneer 150x2 brigded into a 12in Pioneer dual vioce coil sub. Any thoughts?
loudsubz

Re: audio quality

Post by loudsubz »

Hmmm, not to big on the Bazooka tubes. Never used them but I have never heard great things from them.<P>A really good setup would be:<P>A good sounding component up front, in kick panels or door pods (whichever works best for u)<P>Run them off a good amp around 75-100 watt rms per side. Keep the already set of speakers in the rear and run them off the deck for ambiance.<P>Get a good sub amp, around 250+ watt RMS and run a single 12" sub in a ported box. Some subs that are good for the money are Pioneer, Adire Shiva (Prolly the best), JL Audio, Cerwin Vega ...
Shoalinfist

Post by Shoalinfist »

Not a big sound system fan anymore but from experince, bass tudes are a waste of time and money. If your going to spend your money buy anything, but not a bass tubes.
jansonm

Post by jansonm »

What can I say. Bass tube is ok, but after some time you will feel that it is not enogh! I could you sugest for good sond in your MX pair of really good component front speakers and good boxed sub in rear! Also I suggest you to change SONY head, because sony hads cuts off mid range of sound, it had good high and bass, but weak mids, I had sony head as well some time ago! I can suggest you JVC, Pioneer or Nakamichi (because i used them). As for speakers I personally use DSL R6 speakers in front and DSL 226 in rear (just for little rear sound) they are powered by 4 * 80 W RMS amp. But there is no reallly need for rear speakers if u use powerfull sub. And as for sub I use boxed 30 cm pioneer sub on 1 * 300 W RMS amp. Sounds really good!
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Actually Bazooka Bass Tubes are pretty good for the money. I would personally invest in a nice sub and seperate amp. I agree with loudsubz on the choices of good subs (except the JL, I'm not a real fan of JL Audio). If I were to change my setup I would definatly go with 2 12" Kenwood dB+'s or 2 12" Pioneer VCCS Pro's. They kick a--, plus I don't have the money for Kicker L7's. Just get a nice system that sounds good and you're ready to go. Good luck kid.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

infini basslink!!!<P>yea i know.. too much dough [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
disturbed321

Post by disturbed321 »

In my civic I have 3 JBL 12" subs with 3000 watts going to each :D :D :D
I Eat Dodges & s--- Fords
MrsOzx

Post by MrsOzx »

I would stay away from tubes and go with a 12 or something. That is really all you need to sound good. And add from there. I would not suggest any more than two in the future. I had 4 and blew my hatch out. Not good... but pretty funny to see :D Nice thief magnet though.
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
MrsOzx

Post by MrsOzx »

4 MTX T4108's. They were facing up. I had a custom set up where they were flat with a fiber glass pannel with blue lighting underneath . I had them ran off of 3 MTX THUNDER 4122's. I had alot more power than I needed but it made the setup look insane. I was at a bass blowout contest at Circuit City. (I use to be the Car Audio Roadshop manager in Conyers, GA) When I maxed it it blew out the hatch. :)
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by disturbed321:<BR><STRONG>In my civic I have 3 JBL 12" subs with 3000 watts going to each :D :D :D</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>What equiptment were you running.
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

My friend has a 15" Orion XTR sub in a 3.25 cf ported box, tuned to 37 hz. It takles up half his trunk but gets really loud, and he onyl has about 250 watt RMS going to it.
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shifty:<BR><STRONG>if you want deep bass go to a 15inch set up <BR>i have a rockford fosgate 500a2 amp bridged to 1/4 ohm that gives 1000 watts per driver<BR>i have 2 15 inch jl w0 in a sealed custom box and its loud but the main thing is it deep bass . also for the power drain i have a full 1 farint (don't mind the spelling)cap<BR>1 gauge wire and 3 60 amp fuses it was worth the money and the trunk space :D :D :roll:</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I highly doubt you have that amp bridged to 1/4 ohm mono. And its not putting out 1000 watts to each sub. Sorry.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”