Speaker not working?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Raivynn

Speaker not working?

Post by Raivynn »

My driver-door speaker works every now and then, but most of the time it's pretty quiet. Did I blow the speaker, or is there some loose wiring?
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Re: Speaker not working?

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

check the wiring and keep us updated...
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

Pop the speaker out and run it off another source, say home amp etc (Make sure the amp is 4 ohm stable)<P>if you get the same results the VC could be messed, if so buy some new ones. XS Cargo has blaupunkts for $20 a pair.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Check to see if the speaker is grounded to the inner door skin, it will cut your speaker. Take out the speaker and if it plays good, just make sure you put it back without the wires short-circuiting against the metal.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Raivynn

Post by Raivynn »

Well, checked connections at the door and stereo wiring harness. Still nothing. Must've destroyed the whole speaker somehow!<P>BTW...don't let people tell you that MX-3's are 5 1/4 all around!! They're freaking 6 1/2 all around! I found that out the hard way...bought Pioneer 5 1/4's, and they are WAY small. My b/f bought Pioneer 6 1/2's, and the only reason they didn't go into my car was because they mounted differently.<P>What brand of speaker do y'all recommend, anyways? (No Sony!!)<P>-Rai
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

Whatever speaker sounds best to you. I cant really reccomend anythign because you have to let your ears decide for you.
Alt-Tab

Post by Alt-Tab »

I agree with loudsubz. I put Infinity 6 1/2" in the front of my truck, with adjustable tweeters, and I really like them. But then again, shop around and see what you like.
Taylor<P>1995 Chevy C1500 Dark Blue<BR>* 305 (5.0L V8)<BR>* Hypertech Performance chip<BR>* Dynomax dual exhaust<P>SOLD: 1995 Dodge Dakota Sport - Flame Red<BR>* 3.9L V6 - 175 hp<BR>* Flowmaster dual exhaust<P>I Miss my MX-3:<BR>1992 MX-3 GS Blaze Red
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Raivynn:<BR><STRONG>Well, checked connections at the door and stereo wiring harness. Still nothing. Must've destroyed the whole speaker somehow!<P>BTW...don't let people tell you that MX-3's are 5 1/4 all around!! They're freaking 6 1/2 all around! I found that out the hard way...bought Pioneer 5 1/4's, and they are WAY small. My b/f bought Pioneer 6 1/2's, and the only reason they didn't go into my car was because they mounted differently.<P>What brand of speaker do y'all recommend, anyways? (No Sony!!)<P>-Rai</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I have 5.25" Infinity Reference components in the front, and 6.5" Infinity Reference Coaxial in the back, sounds sweet. Kenwood also makes a great speaker. MB Quart is the TOP of the line, but the price reflects it too.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”