need suggestions on my system

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
codene

need suggestions on my system

Post by codene »

i just bought a pioneer organic display unit (the 6300) and i picked up 2 12' JL W0's with a custom box. i need to know what amp i should push to these to make my system hit. i believe there rms is only like 125 so i dont need on to powerful. just need a little help. thanx
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
loudsubz

Re: need suggestions on my system

Post by loudsubz »

Get anything around 400 watt rms. Those subs can take anywhere from 200-250 watt rms and show no sign of stress.
codene

Post by codene »

theyre WO's. theyre only 125 rms
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

So what if the W0's are rated at 125 watt rms. I had the exact same subs and ran about 175-200 watte ach np and they begged for more.<P>As long as the signal is clean and no distortion you are good to go, to a certain point.
KingFisher

Post by KingFisher »

I sold my 2 WO's about 6 months back, They are only 125 RMS but JLaudio make there subs able to handle a lot more then that. Put them in a sealed box and about a 500Watt amp and they will be clear and crisp. I had also still have 2 JLaudio competition 6-9 speakers that are worth like 400bucks that I got for 50 (hahahah)
ANDREW*<BR>1996 Mazda MX-3 GS
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Does JL sponsor this site? Just a question because it seems that EVERYONE on here except me likes JL. I personally think they are s---. My subs are 5 yrs old, and hit so much harder than my friends new JL's. I don't understand why eveyone loves these subs. When I finally put the ones I have into retirement, Imma go with the Kenwood eXcelon dB+, Pioneer ICCS Pro, Kicker L7, or Orion Comps. I wouldn't spend $20 on a set of JL's. Just my opinion tho.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Tman

Post by Tman »

I'm with you VizualXTC...I dont know what people see in them... When i get the dough, im gonna the kenwood db+ sub.
R.I.P. September 25th @ 2:55 p.m. - 93 Mx-3 RS :-(
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by subjekt:<BR><STRONG>subs are all about box and power, and if you don't have those, they will sound like crap, so maybe your friend doesn't have the right box or power for his subs. Just my opinion tho.<P>[ December 08, 2001: Message edited by: subjekt ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>No offence, but that's not true. I could go buy a Pyramid sub, and buid a box to spec, power it perfectly it's still gunna sound like s---. JL's just aren't as good as everyone thinks (or at least in my opinion) BTW my frineds box was built to spec by a well respected car audio shop around here. He's runnin an MTX amp to it (not sure which model, but it was suggested to go with the sub)
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

The reason most people buy JL is that there a good sub for the money. The new W7 is supposed to have one of the best sounding bass out there, and all the other lines are good because they sound good and reproduce the bass very well.<P>When most people are looking for subs most people often suggest JL because it is proven that they are godo subs. I had JL to start and Loved them, but i wanted to try soemthign else so I switched to CV. <P>Its all a matter of personal taste, but JL's are decent subs.<P>It has a lot to do with box design too. If a bought a shotty sub and built a very nice enclosure for it you could make that sub perform pretty well.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”