LOOKING FOR A GOOD SYSTEM

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Mradio

LOOKING FOR A GOOD SYSTEM

Post by Mradio »

I just installed new head unit, 4 new speakers, and right now Iam looking for a sub and an amplifier. Can anyone recommend what brand and model of a sub/ amplifier should I look for? Which one's have good quality and will last me for a while? Also what specs should I look for in them? <BR>Anyone has any opinions on that?
Check out my ride and leave some feedback please!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mradio007
RanMan

Re: LOOKING FOR A GOOD SYSTEM

Post by RanMan »

I have JL Audio subs and they are really good. I have had them for about 5 years now and push them VERY hard every day and have had no problems with them. They look and sound just like they did they day I bought them. I know that most people who use JL audio subs use either a Fosgate Punch amp or a Precision Power (PPI) amp. Both amps are well known and are EXCELLENT quality.
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

how many channel amp should I look for? and how many subs : 1 or 2.
Mradio

Post by Mradio »

you have any idea what is the exact model number of those amps?
KingFisher

Post by KingFisher »

HEY...<BR>med priced subs---get JL audio.<BR>high priced-- get INFINITY<BR>amps--well any name brand is good...<BR> :cool: :cool: :cool:
ANDREW*<BR>1996 Mazda MX-3 GS
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I know that 90% of the peeps on this board are now going to put me on their "people to kill" list, but JL audio is good, but not as good as everyone thinks. KingFisher knows what he's talkin about with the Infinity. They blow the hell out of JL, and as for mid prices subs, Kenwood, or Pioneer. The Kenwood eXcelon dB+ or the Pioneer VCCS Pro DVC, are both $219 each for 12" and $199 each for 10". They are WELL worth the $$$$. Run a good amp to them (Kenwood, or MTX) and they will thump the hell out of your car.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

i agree that infinity is a great company. i love their highs! the subs do lack the spl power JL has though. infinity perfects are great SQ subs, but they have a chronic problem. the voicecoils heat up really quick and really hot. many times the cone is damaged(melted). i'd take jl subs over infinity's.
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

Well i finally got my lazy a-- up tofay and put in my sub, so my sound system is complete. it includes:Pioneer 6.5 componte package in the front, piooner 6.5 3-way in the back with the pioneer deh-7300 head unit. for my sub and amp i have an audiobahn aw1200x(12)700watt and a 1100 watt fire-and-ice amp. it sounds so good!
back alley

Post by back alley »

good on you!!<BR>i'm waiting 'till saturday for a professional install - need to as i have no real skill in this area. i'm going clarion for the cd deck and speakers all round. my '92 has all original components and they are shot!<BR>can't wait till saturday...
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by -=deathtrap-mx3=-:<BR><STRONG>i agree that infinity is a great company. i love their highs! the subs do lack the spl power JL has though. infinity perfects are great SQ subs, but they have a chronic problem. the voicecoils heat up really quick and really hot. many times the cone is damaged(melted). i'd take jl subs over infinity's.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I havn't dB tested the JL's but a few of my friends have them. If you put 2 10" Infinity Kappa's up against 2 10" JL's, I'm almost certain the Infinity will SPL higher than the JL. But as I said, I don't know alot about JL, all I know is I don't like 'em.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG><P>I havn't dB tested the JL's but a few of my friends have them. If you put 2 10" Infinity Kappa's up against 2 10" JL's, I'm almost certain the Infinity will SPL higher than the JL. But as I said, I don't know alot about JL, all I know is I don't like 'em.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Hey anyone knows which is best deal Pioneer 2 450W 12" subs for $100 or Sony Xplod<BR>2 800W 12" subs for $140?<P>WHich ones will give better bass?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mitmaks:<BR><STRONG><P>Hey anyone knows which is best deal Pioneer 2 450W 12" subs for $100 or Sony Xplod<BR>2 800W 12" subs for $140?<P>WHich ones will give better bass?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I would totally say Pioneer, I hate Sony's speakers, and amps. Their head units are OK, but their speakers are bunk. I'd go for the Pioneer IMPP 450W subs. They are nice.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG><P>I would totally say Pioneer, I hate Sony's speakers, and amps. Their head units are OK, but their speakers are bunk. I'd go for the Pioneer IMPP 450W subs. They are nice.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>How they're nice? even though they're less powerful? Whats that IMPP?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mitmaks:<BR><STRONG><BR>How they're nice? even though they're less powerful? Whats that IMPP?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The 450W subs are IMPP
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

How do they sound? good bad? what amp would u recommend using with them..

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”