Car Audio prices

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
MX-3_EHV6

Car Audio prices

Post by MX-3_EHV6 »

Hey I was wondering what a nice amp and two 12in or 1 15in sub and a amp would cost? Including all hardware and wires. Thanks in advance!
VizualXTC

Re: Car Audio prices

Post by VizualXTC »

Wow, anywhere from $300 to a couple thousand..depending on what you want. I'd go to <A HREF="http://www.crutchfield.com" TARGET=_blank>www.crutchfield.com</A> and get a free catalog. They have pretty much everything you would need for a kick a-- sterio system.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

well, since you didn't give a price range...<BR>i'd go with eclipse, jl audio or cerwain vega strokers(subs). memphis, jl audio or phoenix gold amp(s). <BR>either build a box, buy a prefab. box, or pay someone to build a custom box.
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
cemcintosh

Post by cemcintosh »

you can put together a good system for 300 to 400 dollars if you are on a budget. first, dont buy from crutchfield, their prices are about 30 percent higher than other places.. i have a 400 watt (RMS) by 1 powering 1 jl audio 12' sub, and I have a custom box built and its sounds awesome. from what i've read adding a second sub only provides a few decibals extra, so it is more cost effective to have one sub and a really good box.
MX-3_EHV6

Post by MX-3_EHV6 »

Alright awesome (price range is 500-1000 usd) if that place is overpriced where is better to look? also what makes a box good? I am pretty good at building things so id make my own. I know the dementions have to be good but what else? thanks everyone.
Alt-Tab

Post by Alt-Tab »

I got a 12" Pioneer TSW302-C sub and box from a friend for $45, an American Legacy Series II 500w amp for $100, and wires, fuses, etc. ended up making the total cost a little under $200. My brother has 2 Alpine 12"s with a 600w amp and there's not really much of a difference. He's got his in a 94 Camaro. If I ever did get a second 12", I'd get a second amp to push it. That's just me, though.<P>I haven't upgraded my head unit or speakers yet. Waiting on some money to show up in my pocket.<P>P.S. The sub I have is the same one Barry Clark has.
Taylor<P>1995 Chevy C1500 Dark Blue<BR>* 305 (5.0L V8)<BR>* Hypertech Performance chip<BR>* Dynomax dual exhaust<P>SOLD: 1995 Dodge Dakota Sport - Flame Red<BR>* 3.9L V6 - 175 hp<BR>* Flowmaster dual exhaust<P>I Miss my MX-3:<BR>1992 MX-3 GS Blaze Red
cemcintosh

Post by cemcintosh »

there are plenty of places online that have much better prices. you can always find stuff on ebay cheap too. you should pretty much just stay away from the stores like crutchfield and hi-fi buys ect, because they are always overpriced. as for the box, if you do it yourself, make sure you seal it up good. for the size, just go to whatever website of the subwoofer you buy, and they give the exact specs for the box for the sub.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I have been into car audio for almost 8 years and so far crutchfield has the exact same prices as the stores I go to. The only thing extra is shipping. If you are going to build your own box I would go with a 3/4" particle board, or MDF (medium density fiberboard) You will want to build it to spec. and seal it well. That's all I can help you with.<P>(If you want my suggestion on components...I would go Kenwood, or Infinity)
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Shady469
Supporting Member

Post by Shady469 »

Got it from and installed @ Crutchfield.<BR>sony xplod in dash cd<BR>sony xplod ES amp<BR>Two 12" MTX 8000's in a dual q logic box<BR>for a big a-- amp wiring kit, installation and equipment: $1,200 (u.s)<BR>din't have enough $ for the component door speakers :confused:
B6T powered MX-3 - sold
Stage 3ish 03 WRX - sold
03 S2000 - current/ for sale
Esper

Post by Esper »

don't use particle board!!! use MDF. it's much more dense and won't break down. particle board is okay for decorative stuff to hide wires and such, but never use it for actual encloures!
Dude.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”