System Whines

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
MX3CLC

System Whines

Post by MX3CLC »

I have 2 amps, a sub box, and 2 6x9" speakers installed into the trunk of my MX-3. When I turn on the headlights and rev the engine, I hear the system whine.<P>I have heard that it could be due to alternator interference, or because I ran the power cables and the RCA cables (low quality) alongside one another to the back.<P>I have both amps grounded.<P>Does anyone have any information for me?<P>
VizualXTC

Re: System Whines

Post by VizualXTC »

First I would try buying high quality RCA cables. If I could say one name it would be "Street Wires". Then I would take care of moving the RCA cable to the other side of the car, and finally check ALL grounds. On the speakers, on the amps and on the deck. If all that fails, go to <A HREF="http://www.Crutchfield.com" TARGET=_blank>www.Crutchfield.com</A> and buy a ground loop isolator, that should fix the problem. Hope everything works out. Latez<BR>~Ryan~
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

do not run you Amp from a power wire in your fusebox. Also run power and speaker wires on separate sides of the car. Get good RCA's with a ground wire in the middle. I have Rockford Fozgate White Wolf's. They have an inlaid ground wire made between the 2 that you ground. Works very well<BR><P>------------------<BR>Barry Clark<BR><I><B>Moderator</B></I><BR>1995 Mazda Mx-3 RS<BR>Chaste White<BR><A HREF="http://www.barrykclark.com" TARGET=_blank>barrykclark.com</A><BR> barrykclark@hotmail.com
Esper

Post by Esper »

Also, if you are using a cheap amp, that can pick up noise worse than a higher quality one. I had a *cheap* 800watt Pyramid amp that whined like crazy. i replaced it with a decent-quality sony amp and the noise went away. check your wires first, though. its usually cheaper to replace some RCA's than an entire amp! what kind of amp are you using, though?
Dude.
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

The solution is to turn up your radio really loud so you dont hear the whine....hehehe....just kidding. :D
codyhoover

Post by codyhoover »

Also make sure the amps(and deck if you can) are all grounded to the same spot. this will help eliminate ground loops.<BR> -cody
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”