What of this setup?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Bad_Ktty02

What of this setup?

Post by Bad_Ktty02 »

I can get a deal on a set of two 10" kicker comps and an orion amp (forgot which model) does anyone know what kind of box the comps require and if these are good brands to go with for the pieces i want? I know some companies specialize in certain areas of car audio (subs, components, amps, etc).<BR>Also, in ya'll's opinion, which would be most advantageous to do first: bodywork and repaint, sound system, or exhaust? If i do the first one, i can't do the other two..<BR><P>------------------<BR>thanks,<BR>-=*Heather*=-<BR>'93 Mazda MX-3 Special Edition
thanks,<BR>-=*Heather*=-<BR>'93 Mazda MX-3 Special Edition
Bri94GS

Re: What of this setup?

Post by Bri94GS »

Kicker makes good subs....i would recommend a glass fronted box...those hit pretty hard and sound nice<P>Does your car need paint bad?? If it does, i'd wait til after the winter atleast...JCWhitney.com has a good deal on a catback exhaust ($140) system....you got a good deal with the radio, i would go for that first.<P>------------------<BR>~'94 GS (Creek Blue Mica)
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Bad_Ktty02

Post by Bad_Ktty02 »

well, it doesn't look too bad, but there's rock chips and dents and stuff, and one little dime-sized rust spot. i could get all the bodywork and the repaint done for $610. I want the Borla Boomer series Spitfire muffler. I think it's like $283.I'm not up to cat-back yet. <BR>Oh, the amp is an Orion Cobalt. And the only box I'll get is regular sealed. Not vented, bandpass, or solobaric... the comps actually work better w/just sealed. And that setup will cost about $550 or $100 for 6 months. Nice and in my price range, not a bad starter set.<P>------------------<BR>thanks,<BR>-=*Heather*=-<BR>'93 Mazda MX-3 Special Edition
roly_39

Post by roly_39 »

Hey, I sell Kicker. Yeah, We've sold a lot of Kicker comps and they're great subs. If you want the best bass and sound possible get a box made with the exact specifications found on kicker.com <BR>Nice boxes with glass and stuff look good and work good for some subs, but the comps need the recommended box. There is even a new box that Kicker designed that can get you an extra 3db of bass with the comps compared to a regular box. That's a lot. The best thing is Kicker don't sell it...they just give you the specs and you get it built by a local shop cheap. If you do get the comps and want the specs on that box just e-mail me. I have all those Kicker box diagrams at work. Ciao for now...Rene
White '95 RS<BR>Kicker-equipped
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

My suggestion would be to go with the system since you have a deal on it. The box I would recommend would be a ported box (look on Kicker.com like roly said for the internal dimentions) then I would port it with aeroports, they give you the 3dB boost like he was saying. Or take them to your local audio shop and ask them, they will know all about it.<BR>~Ryan~
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

You're gonna spend $283 on just a muffler?? That's crazy...<P>------------------<BR>~'94 GS (Creek Blue Mica)
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Bad_Ktty02

Post by Bad_Ktty02 »

Hahaha! I didn't say I'm going to spend $283 for the muffler, I said that's the muffler I want and that's how much it happens to cost. I probably will get that monza setup, even though it will probably fall apart and sound like poo.<BR>I doubt I will get to pick the box they will give me, since this is a special deal. But I will be sure to mention to the dude that I would like a certain box. <BR>Thanks for the great advice guys, I love ya'll!<P>------------------<BR>thanks,<BR>-=*Heather*=-<BR>'93 Mazda MX-3 Special Edition
SirCruizer

Post by SirCruizer »

I am from Oklahoma, home of Kicker, and live 45 mintues from the Kicker headquarters. EVERYONE around here has Kickers. What Roly_39 says is vary currect. Everyone has been raving about that box and you see them everywhere in Stillwater (Kicker HeadQuarters) and they sound so smooth. I am a MTX speaker fan myself (I have to be "different") But if I was to get Kicker comps I would not put them in anything except that new box. As far as what you should do first.... go with Stereo componates and interchanable stuff unless you really want a car that looks different from everything else. If you get in a wreck (knock on wood) you can easily move the stereo equipment from your old to your new. <P>------------------<BR>You haven't lived life untill you have lived it one second at a time!
Friends dont let friends drive Domestic

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”