Speaker Sizes

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
92MX3GS

Speaker Sizes

Post by 92MX3GS »

Anyone know what the factory speaker sizes are in the 92 MX3's? I'm putting some aftermarket (MB Quart or Boston Acoustic) speakers in and I'm too lazy to take the front door panels off just to measure them. I'm pretty sure that the rears are 5.25", I'm guessing the fronts are probably 6-6.5". <P>Thanks!
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Re: Speaker Sizes

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

6 1/s all the way around!<P>------------------<BR>93 MX-3
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I believe STOCK speaker sizes are 5.25" all four, but I have heard you can modify them relitively easy.<BR>~Ryan~
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Lil Ruby

Post by Lil Ruby »

Stock speakers are 5 1/4. But the car can take 6 1/2 with easy mods. Hope that helps Image
axess

Post by axess »

I the factories are 5 1/4", but I replaced them with 6 1/2".<P>The only problem is that the factory speakers are held by three screws, while most speakers you can buy are held by 4.<BR>What I did is really simple, get a plywood and cout-out a circle the size of the old 5 1/4 speakers, then cut out the interior the size needed by the new speakers. Then drill the 3 old speaker holes and 4 new speaker holes in the plywood. I got Pioneer speakers and the drawings were right on the box, so you just take them and place them on your plywood and cut away...<P>I tried my best to make this clear, if not I can try again :)<P>Stephane
Stephane '96 Blaze Red RS
Mx-3 Gs-x

Post by Mx-3 Gs-x »

best way is to replace them with 6 1/2
KiSs My a$s......yEa
Wheelz

Post by Wheelz »

Stock is 5 1/4, which I have in the front, if you want to get creative, it is actually possible to fit 6x9's in the rear speaker area, with some minor <G> cutting of the plastic. :)
1993 MX-3 RS/GS-R Under Construction
mxcess

Post by mxcess »

Just make sure the magnets clear the windows in the doors! Just a friendly reminder. :D
Doreago

Post by Doreago »

do 6 1/2" fit into the front doors without mods?
Redhouse

Post by Redhouse »

what is the maximum install depth until you hit the window? (inches, cm's.. doesn't matter) anyone? i have a pair of JBL Power series 6 1/2 for the front... the door has been predrilled with four holes by the previous owner. The JBL's have an install depth of 2.5 inches.<P>Thanks in advance
1996 Black GS 1.8l w. PRM intake and custom exhaust, zx2 strut conversion and Intrax springs, B&M short shifter and SRD bronzoil bushings, Ractive front and rear strut bars, Raxles axles, ESpec clear markers and front signals w. driving lights, Alpine headunit with 10" JL sub, jbl amp and front speakers.

Awaiting installation: Magnecore 8.5 Comp. ignition wires, ACT Stage 1 clutch w. SS clutch line, Outlaw phenolic spacers.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”