Need some help...

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Bri94GS

Need some help...

Post by Bri94GS »

I just hooked up my new system, and i can hear all the engine noises through the subs along with some annoying, loud, popping noises....anyone know what can be causing this? I thought it might be my ground, but i checked it and it's fine....<P>------------------<BR>~'94 GS
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Marlon

Re: Need some help...

Post by Marlon »

u might have an air leak in your box
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Lil Ruby

Post by Lil Ruby »

I am no expert but I had a similiar problem with my box. The installer told me it was my amp that was causing me to hear all that excess noise. So I took his advance and got a better amp. Since, then no problems at all. Now, I just want a whole new sound system . That's just my 2 cents Image
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

Both the box, subs, and amp are brand new...but my previous system made the same noises before i bought new stuff...maybe wiring??? I'm clueless....it sucks...the noise happens even if it's on zero volume<P>------------------<BR>~'94 GS
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
mxcess

Post by mxcess »

Resisterless spark plugs or a worn out ignition system (wires, cap, etc.) will make a high pitched whine thru your stereo. To check if it this turn down the volume and with the car in park rev the engine to see if the sound increases in pitch with the motor. I would double check all your grounds (stereo, amp, and often overlooked chasis ground) and if they all seem ok then you can purchase a good noise filter to install in your system. On my amp the guy hooked the ground to the rear seat bolts and I haven't had any pobs with it. I hope this helps. Sorry so long. Later, Robert
mxcess

Post by mxcess »

It's me again. I forgot to tell you to make sure to hook the (power ON) wire from your amp to the power antenna(?spelling)wire from your stereo or you will get a loud pop whenever your amp turns on. Ok (sounding like Forrest Gump) that's all I've got to say about that. Image
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

Thanks..it was my ground..everything's cool now<P>------------------<BR>~'94 GS (Creek Blue Mica)
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”