To All Audio Experts

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Lil Ruby

To All Audio Experts

Post by Lil Ruby »

Will I get a better sound if I install 3-way speakers in the front and 2-way speakers in the rear towers? Also, what are a good brand of subs? I was thinking about getting a pair of Bazooka subs (10). Does anybody recommend them? I thank you in advance Image
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Re: To All Audio Experts

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

well i am an ifinity man when it comes to highs. i have 2-ways in my doors and they sound sooo clear(mine are non-amped)! my ex once complained that the music was TOO clear. so i'd go with the kappa(perfect?) highs and then either 1 perfect 12 of 2 pefect 10's. For the subs, though, i really do prefer jl audio over infinity. i'd get 2 10W3's, they handle 250 watts continously. i have the base jl subs and they sound great. be sure to face the subs upward in an enclosure that matches the recommened dimensions. <BR>I really dunno if bazookas are very good, but if the reg. subs sound like the bass tubes they make, i'd rather have a monkey hitting my back seat with a hammer in sync'ed with my music. the tubes sound liek sheeeeet. email me at atomicbanana@hotmail.com if you have anymore questions.<P>------------------<BR>93 MX-3
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I have to go with deathtrap as far as infinity being tha way to go. If I were you, I would go with a Kappa component system for the front, and a 3-way 6x9 or 6.5 in tha back. I'm not such a fan on tha Kappa Perfect sub tho. Sure it has alot of hype, and sounds better than most subz out there, but they tend to blow very easily. I would go with the emerald Kappa series. 2 12" subs becuz tha 10" subs don't produce tha LOW bass that most people are looking for....and definatly port the box. I would run an amp to tha subs and tha rear speakers, but let tha deck take care of the front component system. Also, I would also recomend tha Kenwood eXcelon series. 2 12" dB+ subs would rock tha hell out of your car Image
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
Spetznaz

Post by Spetznaz »

In regards to your speakers, I'm running MTX Thunder 8000 components in the front. They have a seperate tweet I've mounted in the space just above the main speaker. The sound great running off my MTX amp. For subs, I'm running 2 MTX Thunder 6000 12"s. They're firing straight toward the front in a sealed plexi and MDF box. I opted not to put any rear fill in because in stock location, they're behind the subs. Enjoy your tunes ! Image
Suspension Techniques lowering kit, front and rear strut braces, Ractive cold air intake, 16" wheels with 215/40's, full cat back custom Tanabe Racing Medallion exhaust. Custom Competion stereo, full interior purple neon lighting.
killem2

Post by killem2 »

Audiobahn kicks a--, i'm going for 9 of them now instead of what i have<BR>
SirCruizer

Post by SirCruizer »

Go with MTX. There is nothing better than new MTX speakers. I wouldnt go with a model more than 3 years old though I doubt you would anywayz. MTX just does not know how to quit getting better. As far as subs anywayz. The only problem is finding an amp to give MTX 6000 or 8000 the power they desearve. Last year I had MTX is my camaro and went to many DB drags around here... Well here everyone thinks kickers the best (Its oklahoma, home of kicker, go figure) so of course I pull up with MTX is the back and get laughed at, but after kicking thier butts, all of a sudden I am seeing more MTX around here... Go figure.... I guess someone decided they liked my subs to since all my stuff go stolen about 8 months ago (hint: if you get an alarm get one with pager alert or they arent going to help you as well). As far as the regular speakers go with componate pioneer... Great speaker to feed through your deck and sound excelent<P>------------------<BR>You haven't lived life untill you have lived it one second at a time!
Friends dont let friends drive Domestic
KWK MX3

Post by KWK MX3 »

you cant go wrong with JBL either<BR>i have 6.5 3 ways in the back<BR>buying 2.5 components for the front<BR>and have a 15 in the trunk<BR>They are all the Touring series.<BR>Not competition by far but for everyday cuising and bang for buck JBL all the way.<P>------------------<BR>KWK MX3<BR>RED '92 2.5L GSR
KWK MX3
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

WOW i didnt know there were so many infiniti buffs out there. Most people i know love cerwins or rockford's, as shitty as they are. I have 6.5 references in the front and they sound perfect! I had rockford's in the back but damn they suck and they are fragile as hell. So i upgraded to 6.5 kappa's. I also have 4 tweets in stealth locations (hehe) and 2 12 bazooka subs. ANYONE that says bazooka doesnt make good subs are wrong. The tubes do suck a-- but the liquid cooled subs hit hard. Go with the bazookas
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
KWK MX3

Post by KWK MX3 »

Bazooka now makes an equalateral triangle shaped sub like Kicker has a square. It apparently rocks and can be liquid cooled.<BR>The triangular shape helps to have many subs in a small space.
KWK MX3
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

A triangle sub? That is the dumbest idea I have hever heard. The reason for the square is more cone surface area, therefore more bass response and air displacement. The 10" L7 has almost the same surface area that a round 12" has but fits in the space a 10" will. A triangle sub will have less cone surface area that a round sub. I can almost guarentee they will sound like s---. If you can get me a link so I can see this science experiment gone horribly wrong, that would be great for my collection. Thanks alot
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
mx3ADAM

Post by mx3ADAM »

STAY AWAY from bazooka subs!!!!!! ask your local dealer for a good brand, everyone has there own oppinion on what is good and what isnt!! just ask around and tryout different subs until you find the one you like the best.<P>good luck
I EAT HONDAS FOR BREAKFAST!!!<P>MMMMM HONDA, TASTES LIKE "CHICKEN"!!
LiquidMazda

Post by LiquidMazda »

yeah umm if you wanna spend money.... Orion XTR component 6.5"s..... for the front and rear... also... Orion HCCA 15" Sub.. it'll run you almost a grand.. and you'll win most competitions... yep.. or you could be like me and amp 2 orion 6x9's in the rear.. in boxes and mount them on a board across where the cargo part is and put orion 6.5"s in the front... and get an Alpine 7873... 60Wx4. and since only 2 are running off the head unit thats 120Wx2... yep... ORION is better than infinity..
Liquid Mazda
-=deathtrap-mx3=-

Post by -=deathtrap-mx3=- »

i dunno about that jesse. a lot depends on the staging of your system. i haven't heard orion speakers though. so you might be correct.<p>[ October 12, 2001: Message edited by: -=deathtrap-mx3=- ]
Looking for a 94+GS for KL-ZE fun :)
02 Protege DX Retired
93 MX-3 RS Gone But Not Forgotten
pills_PMD

Post by pills_PMD »

<A HREF="http://www.hondaswap.com" TARGET=_blank>hondaswap.com</A>

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”