Audio Experts??? Advice Please!!!!!

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
TorontoGuy77

Audio Experts??? Advice Please!!!!!

Post by TorontoGuy77 »

Can anyone give me some ideas on what kind of setups are good for an MX-3?<P>What size of speakers for the rears and fronts? 1 or 2 subs, and what size? Also, any recommendations on high quality brand names?<P>On top of that, what type of AMP, head unit and whatever other equipment I'm gonna need would you recommend?<P>If you guys could give me some input on what specs I should look for .. ex. wattage etc. <P>To give you guys an idea, I want a system that will KICK a--!!!!!! I'm looking for high-end s---.... nothing that will leave me broke...but quality stuff.<P>I listen to mostly hiphop .. but I do listen to a variety of other s---...so a system that will kick a-- with the bass...and sound CRISP and crystal clear.<P>Something I can turn up half way and almost feel it from outside....and a setup that can handle half - 3/4 of the volume without risking my speakers being blown or getting any crackling sounds whatsoever.<P>As you can tell, I'm new to this, and this will be the first time I'm looking into a system. So please, if you could give me detailed info on what to look for, as I know a guy that can probably hook me up. <P>Thanks!<BR>Jay
RockFord 148db man

Re: Audio Experts??? Advice Please!!!!!

Post by RockFord 148db man »

Hey,<BR> <BR>Just for information what kind of sound are you going for???<P>Thumping bass??? or a nice well rounded sound??? Are you planning on competing???<P>Assuming because u said Kick a-- system that you want some thump... here is my 2Cents<P>For starters I would get yourself a good source unit from Rockford Fosgate (RF) I personally like the RF-9000 deck.... sweet clean sound that can thump with the best of them.<P>Your gonna want a nice amp / Subs combo... I personally recommend the Power bd 1000.1 Amp from RF however if you have the money... and I do mean money look at a USAmps Amp.... they kick but are pricy... $700 + for 200Watts... As for subs I would recommend the Punch HE2 from RF again, two of them will do the trick.. make sure you get a solid box, if you have the money to spend you might want to look at a set of 2 12" Vega Series subs from Cerwin Vega.. very very nice subs...<P>The most important thing to remember is to NOT go cheap on your wires ... they are the most critical link in your system.. If there is one name to remember it is StreetWires... nice 4 Awg setup with a good pair of gold interconnects.<P>as for components... a pair of two way 6 1/2" Cerwin Vega components that can handle 150Watt peak would round out your back nicely paired up with a set of 5 1/4" RF Punches in the front would finish off the system nicely.<P>the other addition I would suggest but is not necessary is a good FARAD capacitor.. I am partial to the RF model.. nice clean power... but again its not necessary unless your going to compete...<BR>
aka_yeloboy

Post by aka_yeloboy »

hey all you need are 2 12"s and a 800watt amp. i swear it will hit,but face them toward the front of the car with the top on the hatch thingie. make sure your cd player can handle the wattage. 4 example get everything (sony explode)branded the same. to your cdplayer,speakers and amp. performance does best when doing this<P>infamous<BR>yeloboy<BR>
Ivy Mike

Post by Ivy Mike »

I think its just the huge windowz on MX3s, but if you are driving fast with them down, it sucks the sound out of your car. I compensated with 3 10" jl audio subs in the trunk facing rearside & 2 matching tweeters as high on the doors as possible. 400 watt amp to the back and factory to the front + tweeters. Definately don't skimp on the wires (as mentioned above) - it will make a big difference (last longer too).<BR>IM<BR>

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”