Weight Lifting?

Off-Topic Discussions
MarkMoore

Re: Weight Lifting?

Post by MarkMoore »

oh man... it's been so long... and the 3 mile wasn't really my race (i used to be a longer/mid distance runner, but as time moved on, i went onto shorter races)... now don't quote me on this, cuz this is kind of a shot in the dark, but i wanna say a little under 14 minutes
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
Mx3Chicka

Post by Mx3Chicka »

hehe I wanna be part of this too ....
I can barely bench press the pole alone LOL ...
Lifting a ten pound weight is a struggle... haha I think I need to start to work out but I don't want to get bulky or butch... Thats my story hehe I thought it was funny that I am so weak so I thought I would share
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

If you dont want bulk do light weights with high reps and burnouts. If you do want bulk do heavy weights with low reps.
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
Rope04

Post by Rope04 »

WOW!!! some of you are HULK!!..lol I have more of a baseball Pitcher's Build(hence I play)
I only weigh in at roughly 160lbs and no I'm not short and bulky(6'1") but I am not Too weak for my weight yet somewhat small for my size, I don't know why..I eat like every hour seriousely, and healthy!!!
Bench-Don't know since I have had Bicipital tendonitis since my junior year in Hs(2 years ago) I think it was 205-210lbs
Squat-295lbs
Clean-225lbs
Deadlift-335lbs
Ferrari Red w/silver Metallic 92' Mx-3 GsR: Blown 5 Built motors from my past project and am going to N/A for a while as I get use to Megasquirt for proper tuning then may boost....TT setups have too much lag and too low of a power output for the rpm range i sought....Single is better and may do that in future...New project is custom Alum Mani/ with 3-4" runners...NO ?'s about my previous setup I don't want anyone to waste as Much $$$$$$ as I did...listen to BabyBlue and the those guys and go with thier F/I setups
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

Originally posted by Rope:
WOW!!! some of you are HULK!!..lol I have more of a baseball Pitcher's Build(hence I play)
Deadlift-335lbs
I played baseball as well and was a pitcher and right fielder but also played third base when i had to. Ever had your fastball clocked? I could hit 90 my senior year on a good day but my average was probly 87 or 88. I really only had 2 pitches fastball and curve so i was more fit to be a short reliver or closer but started most games.
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
Rope04

Post by Rope04 »

I still have elbo issuses due to over use( COACH NEVER let me take a break with throwing). I AM a third baseman also recovering from bicipital tendonitis and pitcher's elbow.... fastball averaged around 85-87 on a good day like 89 high. If it weren't due to me tearing my lower back muscles from improper form on the clean( I have great form, I just rushed and had a slight bend in my arms and as I came up it caused me to jerk and throw my back), but not for that and my arm I would be playing this semester instead of recovering. What a way to RUIN and end your senior year in High school before it even started huh!!! Yup so I'm HEALTHIER than I am now,but still not 100%. I just can't wait to get back on the field, I just LOVE the game SOOO much. my junior year I was a pinch short of being the MVP of the northern region of Florida if it weren't for my batting avg. being just to shy low.Fielding was no problem as I love that more than batting..Prolly why I was better at it, but That's also where I got the name " ROPE " was from baseball... I have an arm and very quick hands...I remember my sophmore year when they clocked everyone how much time it took from the point the ball hit your mit and for you to throw it and reach the first baseman's glove from the hole between short and 3rd back towards the oufield... It took me 2.6--sec. But baseball is my life and I'm a foolish one to not give up even if your injured..I just say get back up on the horse and give it another chance...

I don't wanna be the one saying " I COULD OF BEEN " .I'd rather live with knowing " I GAVE IT MY BEST "
Ferrari Red w/silver Metallic 92' Mx-3 GsR: Blown 5 Built motors from my past project and am going to N/A for a while as I get use to Megasquirt for proper tuning then may boost....TT setups have too much lag and too low of a power output for the rpm range i sought....Single is better and may do that in future...New project is custom Alum Mani/ with 3-4" runners...NO ?'s about my previous setup I don't want anyone to waste as Much $$$$$$ as I did...listen to BabyBlue and the those guys and go with thier F/I setups
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Man you guys are some big mofo's! I'm like 6 feet 140lbs of pure skin and bones! I'm definately going to have to make friends with rope when I move to florida, so I can have some protection. Actually im thinking about lifting if my new years resolution to quit smoking works out...
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Post by Ricksmx3 »

Originally posted by Rope:
I still have elbo issuses due to over use( COACH NEVER let me take a break with throwing). I AM a third baseman also recovering from bicipital tendonitis and pitcher's elbow.... fastball averaged around 85-87 on a good day like 89 high. If it weren't due to me tearing my lower back muscles from improper form on the clean( I have great form, I just rushed and had a slight bend in my arms and as I came up it caused me to jerk and throw my back), but not for that and my arm I would be playing this semester instead of recovering. What a way to RUIN and end your senior year in High school before it even started huh!!! Yup so I'm HEALTHIER than I am now,but still not 100%. I just can't wait to get back on the field, I just LOVE the game SOOO much. my junior year I was a pinch short of being the MVP of the northern region of Florida if it weren't for my batting avg. being just to shy low.Fielding was no problem as I love that more than batting..Prolly why I was better at it, but That's also where I got the name " ROPE " was from baseball... I have an arm and very quick hands...I remember my sophmore year when they clocked everyone how much time it took from the point the ball hit your mit and for you to throw it and reach the first baseman's glove from the hole between short and 3rd back towards the oufield... It took me 2.6--sec. But baseball is my life and I'm a foolish one to not give up even if your injured..I just say get back up on the horse and give it another chance...

I don't wanna be the one saying " I COULD OF BEEN " .I'd rather live with knowing " I GAVE IT MY BEST "
I also love basball very much and it used to be my life also along with football. I have found a few replacements for me like playing in a mens softball league here and i tried out for one of my local colleges baseball teams but being that i didnt play for over a year my arm wasent in the best shape of its life so i didnt get a call back. But i have found a mens baseball league in the county next to me and will be playing in that next year and maybe that will get my arm back up to par and i will try out again and hope for the best. :2thumbsup:
2010 MazdaSpeed 3

Return to “Off-Topic”