Bought new Car

Off-Topic Discussions
mazdamxstyle

Bought new Car

Post by mazdamxstyle »

Just thought I'd share. I just sold my 89 Rx7 for 2900 and picked up a 93 del sol SI for 2800. I still miss my mx3 that was rolled but this del sol rides so similar. I know I'm gonna get beamed for selling out to honda but I couldn't pass up the deal. Especially with gas prices the way they are around here and the cheapness of working on a honda.

I do have a problem that someone might be able to help me with. The car takes a really long time to heat up to operating temperature. Some of my thoughts are thermostat, or water pump. I just changed the radiator fluid. Also my spark plugs when I took them out were white-colored. I'm not fully sure what that means. I'm going to change fuel filter, but I'm worried I'm running a little rich and hot. I'm going to check timing. Any other suggestions?
1993 Mazda mx-3 GS - Blaze Red (Totaled) Went through an 89 rx7 and a 93 del sol. Now searching again!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mxmisl
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Re: Bought new Car

Post by johnnyb »

spark plug conditions compare your plugs to that. As for heat up time more than likely its your thermostat, its a good idea to get it changed anyways (preventative maintenance)
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

Thanks for that site. It says it could be due to oil leaking through the piston rings but its hard to believe since it was in every cylinder. I'm going to go look at them again and do a little more research.
1993 Mazda mx-3 GS - Blaze Red (Totaled) Went through an 89 rx7 and a 93 del sol. Now searching again!
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

if theres oil leaking up in every cylinder it could be that whoever owned the car before you beat the hell out of the engine
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

and the fact its a honda means some kid probably had a few run arounds in it
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

Originally posted by papa roached:
also means parts are a dime a dozen...
damn honda and easy tuning options!!
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

del sol SI's go for around $7000 CDN around here, I did a search on autotrader.com for medford oregon going by the area you live in and it looks like the average price is around 6-8k US for a del sol. seeing you got one for 2800 would suggest it had been beaten up and the seller knew this so they sold it for a cheap price.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

may i suggest a JDM B16 or a B18C?
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Originally posted by The_Great_Tonge:
cheap doesnt mean fast/powerful, youll still need more $$ to make it as fast as mazda for less money
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

Originally posted by mitmaks:
Originally posted by The_Great_Tonge:
cheap doesnt mean fast/powerful, youll still need more $$ to make it as fast as mazda for less money
sorry guy but your wrong. depending on the area you live and who you know, things are idfferent. i can get a hatch, gsr motor with goodies, all for around 5k. its a good low 13 second second all motor car. thats way cheaper than most people with "powerful" mx3's.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

i dont understand what you're doing here then if you like hondas go join hondasi.com :idea:
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
MX3-Freak

Post by MX3-Freak »

Hey, honda is just as capable of making a fast car as mazda is; and both can be made to be faster then OEM. The last few posts are pointless...the guy bought a del sol and wanted some help with it (I agree, go to a honda board; but whatever), not the antiquated argument of honda v mazda.

And mit, tounge probibly posts here because he owns an Mx-3. And just because you like mazda, doesn't mean you can't like honda; they make good lawn mowers :laugh: .

(but seriously, they make good quality cars)

<small>[ May 14, 2004, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: MX3-Freak ]</small>
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
mazdamxstyle

Post by mazdamxstyle »

First off a car being cheap doesn't mean it's in horrible shape. you just have to look around and find a impulse seller that will take the first offer. The guy I bought this car from was askign 3500. Thanks for you guys who helped with my plug problem. And if you guys didn't know I've been posting here since '02 because I used to own an MX-3 that was eventually rolled a few months ago. So I was just seeing if you guys could help since I felt I was a part of this community.. Even if I don't own an MX-3 anymore. But I guess the second I touch a Honda it means I'm hated by all Mazda owners.

Return to “Off-Topic”