everyone's gatta get underground!!!

Off-Topic Discussions
tical

everyone's gatta get underground!!!

Post by tical »

i just got need for speed underground yesterday. my sister got it for me, for my birthday. anyways, in the last 24 hours, i bet ive played it at least 17 hours, lol. and im still not even close to beating it. thats what i like about it. the gameplay is the ****, you get to pick from like 200 possible kits for each vehicle. you can go crazy with mods. if you've played the game before then you can vouch that drag racin is the only way to race. for those who haven't played it (exspecially ones who like racing games), you really gotta try cause its not just a one way racing game. theres different styles of street racin you have to do, even drift compatitions, i love those. you can get your car on magazine covers for doin stuff or hookin your car up, ive been on import tuner, turbo magazine, and import racer. theres so much **** in this game thats never been introduced. this game is ganna change racing games like grand theft auto changed games in general...
93' Mx-3 GS, repainted laguna blue with pearl, 18 inch wheels (white) with Falcon ZE512 ruppers, custom headers with 2 1/4 inch exhaust, ported TB and intake manifold, ACT clutch, and ground-control coil-overs.
Gro Harlem

Re: everyone's gatta get underground!!!

Post by Gro Harlem »

I had it, it got old within a week. was VERY fun while it lasted, but I doubt you'll be playing it in a month. It gets VERY CHEAP at the end. No matter how perfectly you'll drive in the 7 lap races at hte end..if you hit the wall ONCE on the last lap or screw up the slightest, everyone magically will pass you and you have to RESTART. SUPER GHEY AND CHEAP AI!!

I sold my copy while it was still going for $40 on ebay...thank god I did, it is already plummeting in value on there.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
tical

Post by tical »

damb, that sucks. im like, really into the game right now. i just unlocked the head and tail light conversions...
93' Mx-3 GS, repainted laguna blue with pearl, 18 inch wheels (white) with Falcon ZE512 ruppers, custom headers with 2 1/4 inch exhaust, ported TB and intake manifold, ACT clutch, and ground-control coil-overs.
DVH

Post by DVH »

I Already started this topic awhile ago, you are a little far behind bro...lol...NEed For Speed Underground LInk From Dec 20

Yeah i luv it too, but very true it does get old, i've finished 4 underground modes now (rented like 5 times). When you finish one Underground mode, (1 mode = all 115 races it says there are 111 races, but there is actually 2 more) its kind of lame, not much happens. I've got both wide body kits now and on the cover of all the mag covers except one.

If you finish game the game once, you still need to finish it once more to get both wide boy kits.

TIP for ya: if you notice when you put vinyl on your car, its always white, well to change the color of your vinyl, push sqaure...i just found that out. :D

<small>[ January 21, 2004, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: DVH ]</small>
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
tical

Post by tical »

well ive wanted the game since then but didnt get around to get it. and my high score for drift is 160000. and im ganna get the internet conection for my p2 so i can continue to play even after i beat the game. sorry i was late but i was just as inthused as you were when i first played this game, all i wanted to do is tell someone about it... :D

Justin
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Thats why you getthe lan patch and you play it over a lan. My buddies and I play it alot.
they still cant beat my 20.55 drag time :)
We usually see who can get the most points on drift, and just race none the less. I downloaded some hacks to change the music.
Since my friends use my otehr PC, I changed some of the songs to piss them off.
Like Adam Sandler's worlds longest pee
Alvin and the chipmonks
Vanilla ice..
all kindsof crazy music.
They go nuts when racing LOL
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Originally posted by Custommx3:
Thats why you getthe lan patch and you play it over a lan. My buddies and I play it alot.
they still cant beat my 20.55 drag time :)
We usually see who can get the most points on drift, and just race none the less. I downloaded some hacks to change the music.
Since my friends use my otehr PC, I changed some of the songs to piss them off.
Like Adam Sandler's worlds longest pee
Alvin and the chipmonks
Vanilla ice..
all kindsof crazy music.
They go nuts when racing LOL
Haha, Alvin.

I bought Tokyo Extreme Racer 3 for $19.99 to satisfy my car racing needs until GT4 came out. I will pick up Underground when the hype is down and the price is less then $49.99.

<small>[ January 21, 2004, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: 992mmx3 ]</small>
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
DVH

Post by DVH »

Originally posted by 992mmx3:

I bought Tokyo Extreme Racer 3 for $19.99 to satisfy my car racing needs
How is it? I saw it but never actually tried it yet :roll:
Derek Van Horne MX-3.com Member # 33
94 MX-3 Silver Stone Metallic CAR is SOLD
Car Domain Web page MX-3
Car Domain Web page SRT-4
tical

Post by tical »

the game is a must buy, great tongue said the AI sucks but mine is right on. he says the other cars catch up to easy. ive had a 10 sec lead before and kept it. as my first reply says, i think its ganna raise the bar for racing games...

Justin
tical

Post by tical »

would anyone play me if i got the network connection for the p2??
tical

Post by tical »

im sorry, it was grohalem that said the AI sucked. well, it doesnt on mine. i just raced a 6 lap course and wrecked pretty bad like 4 times and still won. had to manage my nitrous though.
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Originally posted by DVH:
Originally posted by 992mmx3:

I bought Tokyo Extreme Racer 3 for $19.99 to satisfy my car racing needs
How is it? I saw it but never actually tried it yet :roll:
It's actually not too bad, and for $19.99 it's practically a steal. I beat the first one, and didn't even know there was a 2nd. Now I own the 3rd, lol.
Originally posted by tical:
as my first reply says, i think its ganna raise the bar for racing games...

Justin
GT3 already did that. :shrug:

EA sports is what raises the bar for game play.

<small>[ January 21, 2004, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: 992mmx3 ]</small>
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

tical

Post by tical »

i know that but im sayin, i think nfsu has rose the bar even futher for all the diffent things you can do. no other racing game has introduced as many diffent ways to race. i love the drifting comps and the drag racing...

Justin
mx3chom

Post by mx3chom »

I beat Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero. Once you beat it, you automatically get the skyline. The game starts over. But this time it has better cars, like ferrari and such. I just picked up #3 and its pretty good.

Already beat NFSU once, and im on my way for a second victory. I have it for the PC, and i modded my xbox controller to fit my pc. You have to wire a usb cable to it, it is really easy, and works for any game.

But all this is just to help me get by until gt4 come out, i have it on pre-order, so i can get it right away. I beat the first 3, and am looking forward to conquering the 4th one.

peace,
Dominic
RIP 95 rs
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Wow, Dominic, that's quite an accomplishment to have beaten all of the GT series. Did you use any cheats? I don't think I'm going to be able to beat the Miata endurance race on GT3...seems impossible. I'm a little over 95% done with GT3. :)
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

Return to “Off-Topic”