H&R vs Eibach ACTUAL lowering?(i have H&R,looking to raise)

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
alexlotta
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

H&R vs Eibach ACTUAL lowering?(i have H&R,looking to raise)

Post by alexlotta »

Hallo ,
I had (my previous topic) problem with shocks gone due to low springs and cracked mounts , but instead to find just supports i found the entire original suspensions Tokiko (same as mines) ,with true 8.000 Km on it .

Now , the tech told me :"or you mount originals , or if you mount h&s /Eibach you gonna get the trouble again,as you can NOT know how Actually it will lower your car ".

Alternative = 550€ of handmade shocks , modifying mines by a Shock-Company (located Austria).

Now i would like to ask =
For the people had it or at LEAST saw with his own eyes :
IF i order EIBACH springs and switch them to the originals , selling somehow my H&R (difficult):

--) Can i have to keep my existing NORMAL Shocks (tokiko) along Eibach Pro Kit springs?
How much Eibach raise (i mean respect to H&R)?
In my city H&R are too low too ....too many holes , "up and down" streets so i wold gladly raise.

Ordering springs , i would end spending 320€ mounting instead to 550€ .(and need tyres too , destroying my bank account)

Originals setup on black car , i dont find even pictures on how would look ..everyone take the sexy way ^^ :D it looks
https://www.facebook.com/alessandro.lotta or google Alessandro Lotta , i'm the rocker one Lolz.
marcdh

Re: H&R vs Eibach ACTUAL lowering?(i have H&R,looking to rai

Post by marcdh »

Eibach are meant to be 30mm, on my bros old 323F BA they were about that. Maybe 40mm maximum. That was on standard shocks and they lasted for about 4 years. I will buy your H&Rs ;)
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
alexlotta

Post by alexlotta »

Thanks.
well i believe with shipping , it's cheaper for you to buy new.Out of range dimensions for cheap postage ?
40mm would be definetely same problem than now ( too many holes on street here ).
I know they say 30mm ,that's why i'm asking if it's true or lower than that ;)

I misured (aprox) just to get a point of comparation. With H&R and STOCK WHEELS=
< From Floor to the > highest point of the car just above above the wheel (dont remember exact english term of that part)
Forward :60,9 mm
Rear : 61,9mm
https://www.facebook.com/alessandro.lotta or google Alessandro Lotta , i'm the rocker one Lolz.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

When you measure you always want to measure from the base of your rim to the arch of the wheel well. This will give you an accurate measurement, as the tire and ground are not as even.

Eibach Pro springs will work just fine. you do not need custom struts. They are the highest performance springs you can buy for the MX3. only about 1" 1.3" lower than factory, which gives your strut good travel.

Even factory struts and springs are not made for jumping potholes ;)
alexlotta

Post by alexlotta »

thank josh , do you actually have them on yours?
by the way i did'nt consider it ,it's pretty obvious in fact to measure from rim.!

Tech told me to find another one like mine and to measure to compare
(yes ,..like i find mx-3's like butterflies on spring flowers^..... ).

Honestly , it MOSTLY aesthetyc my fear of raising !!
Now i did got a deal for a set of "oz ultraleggera" Rims , next week gonna take them (matte silver) .
I'm considering raising stock using my spare sospensons (8000km on them) , should get a good handling as well fditting the strut bar again on it ( i removed cause stereet-police tend to be annoying about it , through is stock !but it's not on the mx-3 onboard paper!).

then maybe i could sell those H&R ..it will take time ,if only i could raise them a bit ..but i dont think it's possible - , in 6 months i could buy eibach.
(just by buying rims +tires + work i'm on 850€ , goodbye new mobile-cell lol)
clunet

Post by clunet »

I installed Eibach sport springs with new Tociko blue struts on my 93 MX-3 GS in 1999. Ran those springs and struts until ~ 2010... changed to brand new Eibach springs to try and improve what I figure was spring sag from 10+ years of use... I recently bought another set of Tociko blue struts, and still love the combination... when I was in Germany (Stuttgart) from 2008-2011, every year I had the car inspected and the inspector actually mentioned that if I did not have good name brand lowering springs, he would have had to fail me... he liked the Eibach springs for sure... another critical thing is to get your alignment done right after you lower the car...

Just my 2 cents... 1999 to present, Tociko and Eibach are a great combination
Tim
alexlotta

Post by alexlotta »

hey i apreciate the feedback.Not street holes in your street i suppose ,
Sure it not "PRO " Eibach ? as "Sport Eibach" are lower than H&R , with tokiko they should have imploded with that lowering .
i have tokiko too , on all 3 train of suspensions=so they are standard much like Kyb.

My question was about actual distance of the spring.
if someone compared the 2 ,or measured the eibach , so i could compare with mine.

Question of days.As new rims arrive, and tires , i wil have to do it (cracked mount suspension , so i want to let do the job 1 time together ,to keep the job- costs down)
and the only doubt is springs, if going to stock again .
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Well, Eibach only makes the sport lowering springs for the MX-3, and these were the springs designed and used by MazdaSpeed.

Super super old fast and furious pic of my car on stock suspension.

My car after, kind of hard to tell. but it is not that low.
alexlotta

Post by alexlotta »

Wow that's a difference , i clearly see actually.
Hope mine will not look like that when i'll raise, front expecially.
Not to be against you , but at the opposite i only find pro-kit , not the sportline version (which lowers more than pro-kit)
am i wrong?
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

No you are correct, I was wrong. I thought the "sportline" was the more factory and the "Pro line" was the more racing designed. it is the other way around.

The Proline springs are 1" to 1.3" drop over factory springs, and are the only ones that were ever made for the MX3.

My apologies.
alexlotta

Post by alexlotta »

I coul sell maybe the h&R for 80€ (better offer received , other offered me 50..)-

If i do and switch to Eibach , do you think it would be enough raise?
you know , they write Eibach "from 30mm til 40mm " and H&R is -45mm , half Cm at worst would not be enough-

Anyway I 'm going to use ORIGINAL ones ( spare ) Tokico and switch just spring .
Or Eibach , or i'll re-use my H&R , not enough money to buy different struts.will they last 1-2 year at least?

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”