CHANGE YOUR FLUID!!!!

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
posey92
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

CHANGE YOUR FLUID!!!!

Post by posey92 »

This should be step one on anyones trouble shooting list on any and all trasnmission problems....Manual or Auto...I knew this from automatic. Anytime I ever had any issues with my trans or anyone elses I say change fluid first...its usually the cheapest most effective way to fix any trans problems. And now it fixed my manual problem...I was thinkin thebworst shopping for a new tranny. Shifting into second gear at all was just a fight and grinds...I got my 92 GS for $250 and a PS3 so I cant complain. But I was told by manyIit was the synchros . But I chamged the fluid just thinking it would help the tranny over all last unti i could get a replacement. I drive the car delivering for a Pizza shop. We have a rather larrge area so on a busy day i usually run between 100-150 miles...traffic change in speeds cuz of neighborhoods so lots of shifting. But after a day or two its like there was never a problem with 2nd. Ji can actually downshift into second now too which was prettymuch impossible before. I didnt use any addatives or super expensive fluid. I got 3 bottles of full synthetic Mobile1 75W90. Just wanted to put that out there...
kulluminati777

Re: CHANGE YOUR FLUID!!!!

Post by kulluminati777 »

thanks for teh reminder. I havent change mine in awhile. As soon as my hand is better thats on top of my list :D
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
posey92

Post by posey92 »

NP...just had to spread the word. And after a couple days of driving its like having a new transmission...I was holding off on it but now ill be making my custom short sbifter prolly tomorrow.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Very true. With an automatic trans old fluid can cause slipping especially between shifts. Using improper fluid in your manual trans can cause grinding. There's only two manual trans fluids recommended for my WRX and any other fluid just about guarantees grinding.

Finally, posey92 start using Firefox or Google chrome because your spelling is horrible (like most of us, lol). Both those browsers have a free spell check with them. Cheers :D
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
posey92

Post by posey92 »

Lol I know im always on my phone...and the auto correct changes it to stupid stuff not even close to what I ment.

Return to “Transmissions”