KLG4

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Jforce
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

KLG4

Post by Jforce »

So im installing an KLG4 in an mx-3, and offcourse it doesn't fit.

Now i just read that a phenospacer is a bad idea, but i don't like the idea of grinding away in my throttlebody.

Can i grind the arm instead? Taking of the tip of the arm thats hitting would that cause any issues

The problem is the brakebooster:

But apperently it is possible with spacer:

crazycanadian

Re: KLG4

Post by crazycanadian »

Interesting how it hits on the mx3... in my 323 it only hit a couple lines... I just bent them out of the way...

I wouldn't recomend cutting the linkage.. you' might have an issue with the guide slipping out of the slot and jamming up..
Jforce

Post by Jforce »

yeah I thought so.

I examined the throttle body, and came to the conclusion to lose the spacer.

A neat grind with the dremel would give me at least 1/4 inch extra space and you would still be able to use the IAC screw.

Here's what sleeper6 did:

Think i combine this with loosing the spacer, looks like that should give about an 1/2 inch of space (i hope).

Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Problem now is when the engine shifts under load will that still hit the brake reservoir. Filling your engine mounts would help but still, 1/4 inch spacing??? How about converting to the MX6 brake assembly.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Can't you use the k8 linkage ?
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Daninski wrote:Problem now is when the engine shifts under load will that still hit the brake reservoir. Filling your engine mounts would help but still, 1/4 inch spacing??? How about converting to the MX6 brake assembly.
Generally you're giving the engine throttle, which means the throttle linkage is pulled down, which means you have perfectly fine clearance when the engine is shifting under load.
Theissue is going to be when there is no throttle applied and the engine "bucks"

You don't grind off anything that's structurally significant if you do not use the TB spacer. I didn't use one in mine.

I also didn't grind down the throttle linkage. I guess it could be considered "unsafe" but I haven't had any issues so far.

Granted, I kinda don't like the G4 intake. I'll be happy to lose it :)
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Jforce

Post by Jforce »

Daninski wrote:Problem now is when the engine shifts under load will that still hit the brake reservoir. Filling your engine mounts would help but still, 1/4 inch spacing??? How about converting to the MX6 brake assembly.

Maybe how easy is the mx-6 conversion, any how to for that?

I think i have an 1/2 inch spacing, engine mounts are already filled.

And i can't see the engine bucking that much, especially side to side.

k8 would work, but its not the best solution i think. And i don't have any.

Well it fits but its still very close:

Does anyone know the diameter of the reservoir barbs?

MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

You're golden already. The engine should never have lateral flex; I would be beyond surprised if it ever shifted anything but front to rear.

If you need more clearance, for tangible reasons, or for peace-of-mind, then swap to the K8 throttle linkage!

That's a small portion of what I did, to add clearance for my straightneck manifold.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
[LVPA]93GsSe

Post by [LVPA]93GsSe »

I have the g4 manifold on my k8, I have no problems with it. I grinded some of the arm off and cut a very small portion of the brake reservoir plastic away, I haven't had any problems with it.
Knowing you've spent too much on your car,
yet, you still want to keep modding. -priceless
^
|
boosted_bullet

93 Honda Accord LX - Wrecked
95 Honda Del Sol Si - Stolen
92 Honda Accord EX - Parted out
2000 Toyota Celica GTS - Cracked block and broken differential teeth
93 SE - ATX to MTX, work as always in progress
01 Toyota Celica GTS - DD

Worklog to be up soon, still... ...
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Just so you know my setup has been perfect and I checked it under load while it was in the shop still with no real movement, granted my mounts have some fill to them but there is still a bit of flex but nothing to be worried about. bolt it on and go!
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”