bp swap question

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MazdaMan1991
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

bp swap question

Post by MazdaMan1991 »

ok so im almost done building my bp and im fixing to pull by b6, my mx is a 94 so the maf is different, distributor, and vehicle speed sensor, now ive already gathered myself that i can get away with using my wiring harness and a obd1 kia sephia ecu, but what bout the vehicle speed sensor? i know the g series trans uses a speedo cable, and i want to use all of my sensors... and any other tips would be greatly appreciated....
plan is to.. swap b6 out for bp
swap F trans for a G trans...
use MY 94 wiring harness and 95 kia sephia ecu...
My Mazdas
2008 Mazda 3 FS auto - Totaled
1994 Mazda 626 KL 5 spd - sold
2002 Mazda Millenia S - sold
1994 Mazda MX-3 RS 5 spd - bp swapped
My Worklog/Build Thread
My YouTube Page
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: bp swap question

Post by Josh »

Well I just used a 1/2" thick piece of plexy and made a spacer. Compare the two sensors together. the difference is like exactly 1/2" in length. The cable spedo is shorter, so make a spacer to make up the difference.

I mocked up the shape of the mounting point, then dremeled the plexy to fit. the spedo has a rubber ring so as long as your hole is round enough it will still seal. The base to the trans I used RTV and then I used the same mounting bolt hole, just with a longer bolt to make up for the spacer.

When I went AWD, that one was a bit different, but same thing cable spedo to my digital cluster. SO in that case there is a disconnect about 12" up the cable from the trans so I pulled it there and then pulled the gear off of the digital spedo and you are left with a metal shaft. I ground the shaft to fit into the mechanical cable then used a piece of fuel line hose to go over it with a hose clamp on each end and it works like a dream.
MazdaMan1991
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: bp swap question

Post by MazdaMan1991 »

Thanks josh this helps a lot :)
My Mazdas
2008 Mazda 3 FS auto - Totaled
1994 Mazda 626 KL 5 spd - sold
2002 Mazda Millenia S - sold
1994 Mazda MX-3 RS 5 spd - bp swapped
My Worklog/Build Thread
My YouTube Page