G4 im question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Thefez
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

G4 im question

Post by Thefez »

Which tb can i use on the g4 maifold? Im bout read to throw my p&p'ed mani on as well as to do some matenice so if u need a new tb id like to get it now
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: G4 im question

Post by MrMazda92 »

KL47 is the easiest option for you :)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
davmac

Post by davmac »

The KL47 throttle body found on curve neck Millenia's matches the shape at the end of the KLG4 manifold, but DE and ZE throttle body with their gasket also works. I'm using a bored DE throttle body and ZE IAC combo with a KLG4 manifold.

- You need to notch the manifold at the bottom with a grinder or file so the throttle body will seal. This is true regardless of the throttle body used.
- Use the throttle body gasket appropriate to the throttle body

2 useful links to more KLG4 info:
KLG4 discussion on this forum
Extreme things (a ProbeTalk member and KLG4 champion write up)
Proud owner of a Faded Red 92 MX-3 GS
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

ze / Millenia throttle body with outlaw MS8 style throttle body spacer, bolt in affair and all the vacuum ports match up no grinding needed.
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
[LVPA]93GsSe

Post by [LVPA]93GsSe »

I just finished putting my kl47 TB on my G4 manifold and as davmac said all I had to do is grind a little metal off the TB and IM where they meet. It only took me 10 mins with and angle grinder. I used the metal gasket that came with the TB and went together very easily. Also, if you need a kl47 TB I put one aside at the junkyard, not sure if it has a gasket or not.
Knowing you've spent too much on your car,
yet, you still want to keep modding. -priceless
^
|
boosted_bullet

93 Honda Accord LX - Wrecked
95 Honda Del Sol Si - Stolen
92 Honda Accord EX - Parted out
2000 Toyota Celica GTS - Cracked block and broken differential teeth
93 SE - ATX to MTX, work as always in progress
01 Toyota Celica GTS - DD

Worklog to be up soon, still... ...
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Any throttle body spacer is a bad idea. There is only a fraction of an inch between the throttle body cable arm/actuator and the brake fluid reservoir.

That being said, remember that the clearance between the reservoir and actuator/arm grows substantially whenever you apply throttle. arm goes down, and clears all the trouble areas.
So gunning the car WOT is actually quite safe.

The problem you want to avoid is your engine "bucking" in stop-and-go traffic when you do NOT have any throttle applied and the car is "ca-chernk"ing it's way through traffic.

The best advice was given by patdiesel. He is safely running a straight neck ZE manifold.
Remove the K8 arm/actuator by removing the weld points and slapping it on the KL47 TB.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Many options lay in front of you Michael.

The spacers you bought from me will help to add clearance between the TB and the master/reservoir.

Beyond that, you could fill your motor mounts to reduce flex(the lower tranny mounts offer the most benefit when filled, but also cause the most vibration), you could swap throttle linkages, replace the brake booster with an MX-6/929 model, or any other numerous choices.

Your easiest, fastest, most cost effective option is to use a KL47 with no TB spacer, and install thermospacers. As you already bought some, you'll be good to go! :D
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
Sleeper6

Post by Sleeper6 »

Just an update, Installed my Intake (KLG4) with my Throttle Body (KL47) and thermospacer to the Throttle body only. Only modification needed to make it fit smoothly in an mx3 engine bay is to grind the tip of the throttle linkage so it doesnt contact the brake booster Ill post some pics up once my motor is sorted..
92 GS gold (driver) worklog> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=73405" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
93 GS red (wrecked)
:D I modify my ride so I can drive around the stupid people :D
[LVPA]93GsSe

Post by [LVPA]93GsSe »

I just get mine on a day or two ago and I did as Sleeper6 and ground a bit off the throttle but I also cut I slight bit off the reservoir also. I might be able to fit a spacer in but I haven't taken time to check because I can't get them right now anyway, but I don't think it would fit.
Knowing you've spent too much on your car,
yet, you still want to keep modding. -priceless
^
|
boosted_bullet

93 Honda Accord LX - Wrecked
95 Honda Del Sol Si - Stolen
92 Honda Accord EX - Parted out
2000 Toyota Celica GTS - Cracked block and broken differential teeth
93 SE - ATX to MTX, work as always in progress
01 Toyota Celica GTS - DD

Worklog to be up soon, still... ...