MX-3 in video games

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
[LVPA]93GsSe
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

MX-3 in video games

Post by [LVPA]93GsSe »

I don't know how many play games on here but has anyone seen a MX-3 in a racing game?
Knowing you've spent too much on your car,
yet, you still want to keep modding. -priceless
^
|
boosted_bullet

93 Honda Accord LX - Wrecked
95 Honda Del Sol Si - Stolen
92 Honda Accord EX - Parted out
2000 Toyota Celica GTS - Cracked block and broken differential teeth
93 SE - ATX to MTX, work as always in progress
01 Toyota Celica GTS - DD

Worklog to be up soon, still... ...
benyandthejets

Re: MX-3 in video games

Post by benyandthejets »

I haven't. To be honest I think if anyone was including a mazda car in a game its definitely going to be a rx7, rx8, or miata.
93 Blaze Red GS
Ice Racing

Post by Ice Racing »

The closest I came across was the Mazda 323F 4 door 1993 in GT5
GS KLZE FOR ICE RACING
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

yeah there is no MX3 in any game. I have looked lol.

Hopefully GT6 has an MX3 and/or an MX6, both under rated mazdas and cars period. It sucks every racing game is quick to throw in like 10 "different" miatas.

They could even feature the "souped up" A-Spec MX3 with the better handling and K8ZE or the A-Spec MX6 with the KLZE and better handling. An old racing game called SegaGT had the mazdaspeed A-spec cars i remember (miata, RX7 and AZ1 only) and they were way faster and were easier to control than there stock counter parts of course. In GT6 it would make mazdaspeed and mazda look better as a company if they tried to input there older tuned cars.

Mazda never really focuses on motorsports or tuned street cars like they should anyway compared to Mitsubishi, subaru, honda, nissan, and toyota anyway.

Maybe in the 90's but the 2000's were a disappointment. Ok there is the Mazdaspeed protege (really just a fast and furious fad car like the SRT4), mazdaspeed3, and mazdaspeed6 (great car but only one year??) but where was the mazdaspeed RX8. Im not talking a body kit. A full on tuned package. Or even just a full on sports car like the FD would of been cool. Not four door family cars with turbos.

So maybe thats why they have little selection in games E.I the MX3/MX6 missing from every single one ever made. Or the RX8 being in slow classes in most car games.

Because mazda is so lazy in the motorsport scene i think thats why its look down upon as the worst japanese car manufacture. In the motorsport scene anyway :shrug:

I have even played game where there is no mazdas at all.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
[LVPA]93GsSe

Post by [LVPA]93GsSe »

I know it's such a shame about Mazdas being so over looked, especially on how over designed some can be. One would think games like Forza that focuses on track racing would include more Mazdas other then a cpl road cars and a ton of pro racing cars.

I agree almost every time it's a miata or an RX, great by all means but it would be nice to see something different.

A K8ZE in a miata would be AWESOME! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Not a Mazda but i had a 2000 celica GTS and I never see them either in games(just NFS:UG2) and that car was fast. I had a go with a v6 mustang one time and had an intake leak and yet still got him.
^
|
boosted_bullet

kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

i have seen a celica GTS in plenty of games. Yes the old Need For Speed undergrounds and i had a game on PS2 called SRS (NFS underground knock off) that had one. I even think there in the forza games too which is the xbox equivalent of grand turismo.
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688
[LVPA]93GsSe

Post by [LVPA]93GsSe »

Oh DUH! :shock: I forgot about Forza, I even mentioned it, wow.:lol:
^
|
boosted_bullet

Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

THe new Forza doesn't have much for Mazda's in there, was kinda disappointed, and GT5 is just full of Miatas.

It's weird, Mazda focuses on Motorsports and tuned cars, but not in the way that the others do. Mazda's are huge in racing, as they say, there's more Mazda's racing on the weekend than any other brand.

Speed6 is actually 2 years, 2006-2007. There's technically no MazdaSpeed RX-8, just Rx-8's trimmed out with all the MazdaSpeed accessories.

As Mazda says, they're small, very small compared to the other companies, they don't have the budget like the others do, and they emphasize on that a lot, especially up here in Canada where we don't have the racing following like in the US. They support racing an the racers, work with and follow closely with race teams (SpeedSource with their turbo diesel Mazda6 and Dyson Racing with their turbo 2.0L LMP1 car). But I know teams that have dropped out because of better support with other companies (Scion/Toyota has been really kicking hard here), so it depends.

Funny however, Mazda is the only company that focuses on making fun to drive cars and probably makes the most cars out of their line up that are racing ready, but they have the least (financial) support when it comes to backing teams. Guess the issue is when you make cars for a more narrow customer base, you sell less, making less money. I read in a newpaper a while back that they sell more Mazda3's in the province of Quebec than the rest of Canada, was shocked to read that, but with how many I see on the road here.... Look how boring Honda and even the better example, Toyota has become for many years, but they sell cars for mom and pop and grandma and grandpa, and they sell well, very well. But that's why I do like Mazda, why build a car just to sell more cars, when they build cars on how they feel they should be. If the reason itself on why we drive Mazda's and not another make, cause we feel and connect with that little difference in their cars and not the horsepower numbers or the test track results. Mazda's always been different. The rotary, miller-cycle, comprex s/c diesel, smallest v6 (K8) in a class of 4cyls, perfected the roaster, the most powerful FWD hatch despite it's inherit flaws with being that, the Mazda5 almost sits in a class by itself, skyactiv and that they don't believe in hybrids. Mazda is different, and going against the grain doesn't mean it'll make you rich...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
[LVPA]93GsSe

Post by [LVPA]93GsSe »

That some good info Nd4SpdSe. I was just thinking about how Mazda said they have more racing on the weekend then any other this mourning.

Nice, I didn't know they focused so much on racing your way.

It seems as if Mazdas is trying to stick to a more fun/racer feel to their cars as long as they can. They definitely try new things out to see how people like them or maybe just for the sake of saying we did it different? Either way it's nice to see somebody doing something outta the normal these days.
^
|
boosted_bullet

Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

Back in the day, someone on the forum made a mod for N4S PC version for an MX3. It was pretty bad a-- I won't lie.
[LVPA]93GsSe

Post by [LVPA]93GsSe »

Nice. I saw the download on the beginning page.
^
|
boosted_bullet

Redline322

Post by Redline322 »

I remember in GT2 they had the Familia GTR 323 and Familia GTX protege along with the AZ1, old cosmos, rx3s and rx7s. That game probably had the best Mazda selection for any video game.
93 323 Bp'd, Front and rear strut braces, Mx-3 seats, JDM headlights and grill SOLD
93 Mx-3 GS Curved-Neck KLZE, 5 speed Conversion, Fidanza Flywheel, Cross Drilled Rotors

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”