How long have you owned your MX3?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
stepchyld

How long have you owned your MX3?

Post by stepchyld »

I bought my 94 RS in Feb, 1998 from a used car lot, ready to run.
Bought my 93 GS in Sept, 2004 with bad atx, eventually swapped mtx and started driving in early 2006.

Just wondering how many other long-time owners we have here, say, 10+ years...?
93 GS, ATX to MTX swap, chrome 16x7, upper strut bars, SRD LCA bushings.
Upcoming improvements: Tokico/Eibach struts/springs, energy suspension LCA bushings
94 RS MTX, Engine swap completed, ALIVE Again!
95 RS ATX, parts car/project X
stepchyld

Re: How long have you owned your MX3?

Post by stepchyld »

or 5+ years.
BTW, congrats to any/every one with an mx3! I love seeing our cars on the road!
Upcoming improvements: Tokico/Eibach struts/springs, energy suspension LCA bushings
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

I picked up my first one('92 GS) in the Fall of 2009.

My second ('93 GS-ZE) came in the Summer of 2011...

My third ('93 GS) came in the summer of 2012...

Suffice it to say, I'm addicted. :freak: I will always own at least 1 MX-3. If I end up moving, I'll likely trim down to 1 before that day.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

Got mine from uncle in 2001 (it was wrecked) and had it fixed and been driving it since.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Bought my Mx-3 in spring 2002. The part out was officially posted May 22, 2009 and lasted a little over a year where the summer 2010 the remaining parts were brought to the scrapper. I still have my ZE as my coffee table, so she lives on.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
stepchyld

Post by stepchyld »

You lucky people, starting off with GS's!
I put over 100,000 miles on my RS before I got to drive a GS, What a difference!
MrMazda92 wrote:I'm addicted. :freak: I will always own at least 1 MX-3. If I end up moving, I'll likely trim down to 1 before that day.
You're hooked! I have the same determination, and many here do
mitmaks wrote:Got mine from uncle in 2001 (it was wrecked) and had it fixed and been driving it since.
11 years, bravo!
Nd4SpdSe wrote:I still have my ZE as my coffee table, so she lives on.
I saw references to this coffee table, wondered what it was about but didn't search. Bummer on the part-out, but that's an awesome coffee table idea.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

My first was a silver 95' RS in early 04'. I drove that for almost 4 years until a lady in a pick up backed into me in an intersection and put the trailer hitch through my front end in 08'.

With the money from he insurance company I bought a Black 95' GS which was in absoolutely brutal condition and I got taken badly. Learned a valuable lesson on that one. Don't assume that people you know are not trying to shaft you...because some of them are.

From there I went and searched for the best example I could find and came accross the current 93' SE. Bought it online from a former member here, flew to Vancuover and drove it home to Edmonton in one, 15hour day. in 09'.

Then last month I went down to Calgary and met RobMinhas who gave me the shell of his 94' RS parts car. It is currently under a tarp in my parents yard waiting for spring. In spring I will take a trailer down, bring it home and start the process of building a new 93/94' MX-3.

sort of hooked.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Got my mx in right after the summer of 2004. So now about 8 years.

Almost been complete apart in those years.
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I got my stock GS in '05 or '06, and my fast one in '08. I have had about 30 cars before them, and a few since, but the fast one is my favorite car so far, beating out Mercedes sport coupes, Muscle cars, and an RX7.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
stepchyld

Post by stepchyld »

Glad I'm not the only one started with an RS, lol
Looks like 2004 was a good year for several of us!
wytbishop wrote:Bought it online from a former member here, flew to Vancuover and drove it home...
I have always wanted to do something similar. Would love to drive back a 94+ with a KLZE, from anywhere.
fowljesse wrote:beating out Mercedes sport coupes, Muscle cars, and an RX7.
This is awesome... What rx7 did you drive? Of those three, I've only driven an rx7, my 87, which glares at me demanding that fuel pump I promised it.
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

IMO the RS is where its at! :)

I bought my ATX RS in 01' first mod was wheels and a JY turbo kit, then came the MTX :)
RobMinhas
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by RobMinhas »

Woot woot!

Rs represent!!!!
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
stepchyld

Post by stepchyld »

Josh wrote:IMO the RS is where its at! :)

I bought my ATX RS in 01' first mod was wheels and a JY turbo kit, then came the MTX :)
Your AWD RS, certainly! I started looking into doing that when I found out some protege's and 323's were AWD, but it was beyond my skill level then, and I didn't know a good welder. Now, I'm keeping an eye open for a donor car!
I also checked for the gs, but the only awd I found was an atx japan-only car, bummer.

My first mod on my RS was stereo! Shop said I couldn't get two 15's in the hatch, HA! Then wheels and strut bars, and so on... :)
Similar with the GS, but it was stereo, strut bars, then wheels, and so on...
If I'd found this forum before swapping in that JDM (Japanese Damaged Motor) in mr RS, that swap would've been different!
RobMinhas wrote:Woot woot!

Rs represent!!!!
Oh yeah!
Once beat a Mustang in my RS 8) Didn't even know what it was till I looked in the rearview, recognized the front end and the bird being flipped by their rearview!
Such fun!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

stepchyld wrote:
Nd4SpdSe wrote:I still have my ZE as my coffee table, so she lives on.
I saw references to this coffee table, wondered what it was about but didn't search. Bummer on the part-out, but that's an awesome coffee table idea.
I miss that car a lot, but I don't regret the decision I made.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=79988&hilit=kloffee
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
stepchyld

Post by stepchyld »

I see you've been told many times, but I have to say it too, that is awesome, and clean!
Well done!

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”