KLZE/KLDE Build DATES

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
eunosklde
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

KLZE/KLDE Build DATES

Post by eunosklde »

Hey Crew got a quick question,What years did Mazda start and stop manufacturing KLZE and KLDE's not the KLG4.I got a KLDE Longneck running a JE50 and a KL31 ECU Running Strong.The Block number says KL 814880,Like to know if theres anyway to tell what year my engine is and what Mazda it was pulled out from.The Strange thing is that my KLDE came with a longneck and not a straight Neck,With paper work from japen showing its a true JDM.Thanx for any help you guys give me..
RobMinhas

Re: KLZE/KLDE Build DATES

Post by RobMinhas »

eunosklde wrote:Hey Crew got a quick question,What years did Mazda start and stop manufacturing KLZE and KLDE's not the KLG4.I got a KLDE Longneck running a JE50 and a KL31 ECU Running Strong.The Block number says KL 814880,Like to know if theres anyway to tell what year my engine is and what Mazda it was pulled out from.The Strange thing is that my KLDE came with a longneck and not a straight Neck,With paper work from japen showing its a true JDM.Thanx for any help you guys give me..
I will check Prosis tomorrow morning, if that is the casting number of the block I should be able to find the year of the block, although it might just give me a range. If you have a head casting number I might be able to get a more accurate answer for ya.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

Well, how are the heads stamped? KL01-1a1 or KL31-1a1?

Which Cams are in the heads, KL31 or KL01?
Please define longneck vs straightneck, do you mean the A-Spec KLDE Intake?
For what it's worth, they're all "true JDM", the main reason people bother to claim otherwise would be bragging rights.

The same people that use the "I have a 'real' ZE" argument against those who use a Millenia KLZE with swapped cams and pistons, then pull the "You're an idiot if you delete your EGR" card. :lol: That always did bug me a little :roll:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
eunosklde

Post by eunosklde »

Thanx for the replays,The heads are stamped KL01-1A1 thu i haven't taken off the rocket cover to see what cams its running.And for the intake its not the A-Spec KLDE Intake,Its got the jap spec MX6 KLZE intake thats stamped KL31 on it.For what its worth i know the differences between the two KLZE's from the low comp Millenia KLZE bent neck to the real deal MX6 KLZE to the KLG4 etc.The thing is i haven't seen a KLZE block number thats so high.I know that Mazda did make frankenstein KLZE/DE's.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Curve neck ZE is still 10.1 and develops the same power just at a different RPM. Both are 'true ZE's. The entire debate about this is based on ignorance. Cheers
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
RobMinhas

Post by RobMinhas »

Prosis didn't give me anything for that casting number, no results at all.
Daninski wrote:This is my MX3. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My MX3 is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My MX3, without me, is useless. Without my MX3, I am useless. I must fire up my MX3 true. I must drive straighter than any Honda driver who is trying to own me. I must own him before he owns me.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Daninski wrote:Curve neck ZE is still 10.1 and develops the same power just at a different RPM. Both are 'true ZE's. The entire debate about this is based on ignorance. Cheers
I wasn't 100% on the pistons, but thank you Dan. :wink:
I agree about the ignorance though... People'd pay $500 more to delete the EGR. :lol:
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

There is a post on how to decipher the casting numbers in relationship to what approximate year the engine would of been built in. Search may turn up something, I'm to busy to search for you. Cheers

OK, you owe me LARGE. I spent valuable time (like 1.5 minutes) Searching to find this. Next time Search First before axing questions. http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... ial+number
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Kind of a cool thread, hmm.
Daily:

Kid Hauler:

First Love:

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”