[GI] how to: electric to mechanical speedometer cluster swap

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Evo_Spec

[GI] how to: electric to mechanical speedometer cluster swap

Post by Evo_Spec »

hey guys, i'm making this a GI thread as i'm lazy and really don't feel like writing the how to: but i was looking through some pictures from old devices and found pictures i took intending to put in my worklog but never got around to but would work for a how to:

The how to: would be for swapping a mechanical cable cluster into a car that had an electric speedo cluster for 4cyl's.
one main reason i don't feel like doing it, is because i figure it wouldn't really get used.

If you guys think it would be useful or actually would like a how to: on this, i would be happy to take some time to write one up for you guys.
wednesdayslatest
antispam: No

Re: [GI] how to: electric to mechanical speedometer cluster

Post by wednesdayslatest »

sounds like a great idea. i saw a picture of a digital cluster someone posted, it looked really nice but as you said it probably wont get much use. i doubt i will do it myself but it is something i WOULD like to do. it would be nice to see a write up but im not going to say do it just because i want to know. hopefully someone will do it so i can see it later (maybe convince myself to follow)
03 Dodge Neon (rental i had for a month but i ran that into the ground for sure)
95 Chrysler Concorde (Junked my first car [still ran])
90 Nissan Stanza (Junked [wouldnt start one day])
89 Saab 9000 CD (sedan/turbo very fun but electrical problems[city towed away for no plates on private property])
94 Toyota Camry (mothers old car fixed it then broke it[dont ask] Junked)
93 MX-3 RS (My project for 3 years so far)
97 Honda Civshit (Beater/Stereotypical POS Honda im fixing)
Evo_Spec

Re: [GI] how to: electric to mechanical speedometer cluster

Post by Evo_Spec »

i think i already did this somewhere....i don't actually remember

*edit* Here we go.
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=80848

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”