No fuel at rails???

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
klmx08

No fuel at rails???

Post by klmx08 »

So I just did a kl swap And my Engine is turning over but im not getting any fuel..I jumped the f/p ground in the diagnostic box and the relay by the ecu was clicking non stop can someone please tell me what this means..Also just so its known Both my mx3 and the 626 started and ran just fine the same day I ripped the engines out for the swap.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: No fuel at rails???

Post by mitmaks »

Do you have fuel pressure coming from the pump? Check for fuel pressure at the rail.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
klmx08

Post by klmx08 »

no I dont have pressure at the rail and when I jump the f/p ground on the diagnostic box The relay by the ecu clicks non-stop and I still dont hear the fuel pump turn on..Im thinking if the relay is clicking when power is supplyed it works so im thinking the problem is between the pump and the relay the main confussion to me is both cars started the day I took there motors out
Redline322

Post by Redline322 »

You probably have the fuel lines reversed, swap them around and try it again.
93 323 Bp'd, Front and rear strut braces, Mx-3 seats, JDM headlights and grill SOLD
93 Mx-3 GS Curved-Neck KLZE, 5 speed Conversion, Fidanza Flywheel, Cross Drilled Rotors
klmx08

Post by klmx08 »

I was just thinking about that this morning actually..thanks
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ya, like that ever happened to any of us before. :oops:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
klmx08

Post by klmx08 »

well my lines werent crossed but i decided to move the ground to my battery now when i turn the key the car wont crank but i can hear the pump pumping fuel...so I started looking at my disty and i noticed the cap had a nipple for an external coil it was capped though and ive never seen that on any of my other kl's..The engine came out of a 96 626 and when i did some research i read that the 96 disty's plug was different and that on the 6 wire plug some of the wires are in different parts of the plug then the k8's harness can anyone confirm this? i also read that someone just depined the plug and moved the wires to the right place on the plug if this is true can u tell me which wires need to go where???
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

Redline322 wrote:You probably have the fuel lines reversed, swap them around and try it again.

Been there....That's why my first one was down for so long and then I fixed it..and a cam broke on removal. I was young...

Why not use your stock distributor?
1993 Mazda Mx-3 GS-Sold :(
1992 GS "The Bucket" Gone.
1993 GS 2.5 KLDE. Current daily.

92 GS 5spd for sale! Sold it....after I got a hatch cover in great condition :evil:
92 GS Auction Car, most expensive non-running mx-3 I have ever bought... Parted out and Crushed.

MY WORKLOG, check it out :) viewtopic.php?f=46&t=79959
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

klmx08 wrote:well my lines werent crossed but i decided to move the ground to my battery now when i turn the key the car wont crank but i can hear the pump pumping fuel...so I started looking at my disty and i noticed the cap had a nipple for an external coil it was capped though and ive never seen that on any of my other kl's..The engine came out of a 96 626 and when i did some research i read that the 96 disty's plug was different and that on the 6 wire plug some of the wires are in different parts of the plug then the k8's harness can anyone confirm this? i also read that someone just depined the plug and moved the wires to the right place on the plug if this is true can u tell me which wires need to go where???
Check HEI in Faq and the wiring for the 96 disty is there. Yes the wires are reversed.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
klmx08

Post by klmx08 »

ok thanks
klmx08

Post by klmx08 »

I didnt use the stock one cause I went from rs to kl
atx_mx3

Post by atx_mx3 »

klmx08 wrote:I didnt use the stock one cause I went from rs to kl
Ahh..That makes sense.
1993 Mazda Mx-3 GS-Sold :(
1992 GS "The Bucket" Gone.
1993 GS 2.5 KLDE. Current daily.

92 GS 5spd for sale! Sold it....after I got a hatch cover in great condition :evil:
92 GS Auction Car, most expensive non-running mx-3 I have ever bought... Parted out and Crushed.

MY WORKLOG, check it out :) viewtopic.php?f=46&t=79959
klmx08

Post by klmx08 »

I also have a kl55 ecu which is from a 94 mx6/626 so do I need to make sure I have a 94 disty cause when I looked at a pic of a 94 disty cap the cylinders were in a total different spot..I know my 96 disty wont work with a 94 ecu just a lil confused as to which disty to get??

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”