GC for daily driving

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
NSlowbro
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

GC for daily driving

Post by NSlowbro »

So I was just thinking about converting to coilovers and I was wondering if ground control is great for daily driving, I was thinking about buying some K sport but there way too expensive so I was thinking why don't I get GC's, I just want more low for my car lol
Josh
Supporting Member

Re: GC for daily driving

Post by Josh »

Not the best for daily driving but they are tolerable, if you are going to use them with OE struts it will be a bouncy ride, it may beat you to death if you have old or blown struts. If you couple them with some decent struts the ride will be a bit better.
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

KYB struts with eibach pro-kit lowering springs 1.7" in the front and 2.3" in the back is what ive came to after working them in. and it is a nice ride for me. some of those bigger bumps feel like death though, and speed bumps youll wanna creep over.

Edit: and im 100% daily driver, winter and all.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

I was pleased for years with Intrax + KYB, it's one of the lowest setups you can get before going to coilovers. And the ride was like OEM.

I would say to save up your money and get the ksports, it's well worth the investment.
MrMazda92
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by MrMazda92 »

KYB/Intrax is comfortable, but low enough that care MUST be taken entering driveways. I have photos to prove it :freak: Of course though, I'll probably never post them... you guys know me! :lol:

I love GCs so far, and the car is my daily 3/4 of the year. :)
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

how are the intrax vs eibach for stiffness? i have H&R's and they are wicked on smooth roads, but fairly annoying on bumps. i may possibly down the line swap to something more comfortable. theres no way the intrax can be as soft as oem could they?
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

MrMazda92 wrote:KYB/Intrax is comfortable, but low enough that care MUST be taken entering driveways. I have photos to prove it :freak: Of course though, I'll probably never post them... you guys know me! :lol:

I love GCs so far, and the car is my daily 3/4 of the year. :)

NO post them.It's an order. :lol:

I am interesting too in intrax cause with h&r i had,were too much stiffness.Well at least for me..
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

I'll post pics of both KYB/Intrax and KYB/GC after I finish with my harmonic balancer. I took the pictures just now, but my GCs are set pretty high. Between stock and the KYB for sure... I think the rear struts are blown on my '93. -.- Looks like I get to email KYB...
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

Ok i will wait for the pics..:)
But their are advertisement only for v6.I know the two models have a little difference in weight but could this affect the drop height?
How many khm did you had with the rears before they blow?
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
kulluminati777

Post by kulluminati777 »

Mooneggs wrote:I was pleased for years with Intrax + KYB, it's one of the lowest setups you can get before going to coilovers. And the ride was like OEM.

I would say to save up your money and get the ksports, it's well worth the investment.

trust, its way better to save your cash and go FULL coilovers (you would only be saving a few more dollars) I went from 20 year old OEM spring and strut to k-sports and really dont notice a difference and i turn it hard for race days then soft for everyday driving :mrgreen:
View my worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=77688

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”