fuel pump wont power help... (picture added)

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Edgar7654
antispam: No

fuel pump wont power help... (picture added)

Post by Edgar7654 »

here is the story i did a bp swap on my car it started right up for a few seconds but i suppose that was with the fuel pump pressure from before anyways i got a new relay and fuel pump and still nothing then i thought maybe that one is defective and bought a walbro fuel pump this time it comes in monday but then i decided to take two wires straight from the battery in to the fuel pumps for a few seconds and they turned on.... so that means i have some kind of bad ground or short somewhere looked cant find anything so i decided i want a fuel pump kill switch my car has to be running by the 10th of november other wise our home owners thing will have it towed since its been parked for too long and my dad cant do anything about it or doesnt wanna idk i already put so much effort in to this car and its one of the few things i have left from dad please help me make a fuel pump kill switch i know its not safe since if i get on an accidednt the fuel pump will keep running but i can find the short after the car is moving i have spark and its on time i know it can run since i have seen this car turn on even if its for a few seconds i just dont know what wires to spice i have dont a kill switch before but i have 2 black wires a red wire and a blue wire i know the red is power i just dont know which black wire to use
thank you and god bless you

http://s702.photobucket.com/albums/ww23 ... 015733.jpg
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: fuel pump wont power help... (picture added)

Post by Ryan »

Okay, you aren't getting the proper signal to the ECM. I bet you don't have spark either. The fuel pump requires one of the distributor signals to turn it on. Make sure your disty wiring is correct, and you're using the disty that matches your harness/ECM.

If it does spark, you can cheat by just jumping F/P and GND in the DIAGNOSIS box, that will limp you around.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I'm glad Ryan responded because I'm sure I'm not the only one who started reading your extremely loooooong azzed run on sentence and gave up after line three. Please use punctuation, comma's, periods and such. Thanks. :)
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Edgar7654

Post by Edgar7654 »

Daninski sorry about that english is my 3rd language im not completely fluent when it comes to writing not good at grammar im still 17 so i have time to learn ill try my best sorry if that annoys you.... Ryan thank you and it turned out to be a bad ground one near the fire wall my dog or something chewed it i just heard it purr like a kitten however it looks like i have a vacuum leak somewhere, when i turn it on it shuts off right away ill look into that tomorrow thank you tho ur advice helped alot :) also when im done ill write a walk threw since i did my swap different than everything else i read on here i basically switched all the sensors from the B6de to the 91 bp switched throttle bodies and didnt have the need to splice a lot of things
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

I was going to ask you about that because I saw the B6de ECU. Is you car a 94+?

So are you running a MAF instead of a VAF then.
Edgar7654

Post by Edgar7654 »

josh yes its mass air flow and my car is a 95 manual still looking into why it shuts off when i turn it on probably fuel or air its on time thats for sure so ill let you guys know when im dont i promise
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

make sure you have your fuel in and and return hooked up properly :) it would do that start up and die.
Tavman_1213
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Tavman_1213 »

What about the 2 fuel modules(the silver ones with the veins) cause when I did my BPT swap I forgot to plug one in and it did the same for me started then died!
93 White RS- BPT Built not bought!!
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78988
Edgar7654

Re: fuel pump wont power help... (picture added) SOLVED

Post by Edgar7654 »

It was a vacumme line for the break booster the 91 has it on the opposite side now im in the quest to for turbo all i need is the manifold :) the bp engine is so much nicer :)
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Nice to hear you worked it out and have it running now so you don't get it towed away for violating the condo policies and good luck with your new to be turbo project and don't foreget to make a WorkLog to document your turbo progress with of course lots of pictures. pant pant,, :D
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”