quick question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazda915

quick question

Post by mazda915 »

can the iac sensor allow the car not to turn on . i adjusted the screw one full turn in and i forgot the have it wired to grd and ten but once i turned the screw car was still running then i saw a vac line wasnt hooked up , looks it is in the solenoid under the throttle body , well the uninstalled line had no vac so i was assuming it was just pressure so i blew on .. was fine then sucked on it engine started to die then shut off . now wont start lol wtf . im i just over looking the basics so now i tryed making sure all sensors installed the intake and vaf are ok no so idk any ideas guys ? i am confused on something so little lol :shrug:
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: quick question

Post by Ryan »

If you adjusted the screw without ten and gnd, it shouldn't have even affected the idle at all, the ECM would just compensate around what you did. Don't do that anymore, its not really good for the tune of the system.

You probably just missed a plug, there's no reason any of this would cause a no start. Check the VAF. TPS, IAC.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”