Radiator Cap issue

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
_lithium_
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Radiator Cap issue

Post by _lithium_ »

Does anyone know if I can use the Filler Cap for the radiator to put where the other metal cap is (that is located in front of the radiator on a plastic tube?) It keeps popping off the plastic tube or whatever it's called and letting my coolant out, I tried to see how much one was and it is $56...

My car is a 1992 Mazda MX-3 GS
Daninski
Supporting Member

Re: Radiator Cap issue

Post by Daninski »

No. Why don't you go to the [FS] section. One of us would probably send you one for postage only. I plan to go to the wreckers tomorrow I'll look for one.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

You could just go to the auto parts store and tell them you need the pressure cap, it's about $7 brand new at the store. I'm guessing your $56 price was from the dealer?
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
_lithium_
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by _lithium_ »

Well I went to the a few auto places and everyone told me they can't get it and it has to come from the dealer only. The only part they could give me was the filler cap. And I can't use the filler cap on it since it isn't the right size and doesn't look the same.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

That's odd, I've bought pressure caps at the parts store a million times. The most common brand is Stant. Here's a link to the Stant page. http://www.stant.com/common/part_locato ... m?id=10227

They usually don't keep them in back, they're just out in the store on the shelf and you buy the appropriate one for your car. There aren't that many varieties.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”