gauge install

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mx3matt
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

gauge install

Post by mx3matt »

so i have a wideband, volt, and water temp gauge to install and my question is will a 10 add a fuse hold enuff power to run these three gauges?

i'm gonna be installing these tonight in addition to a new cluster with speedhut indiglo overlay(wiring that to my dimmer switch) just wanted to make sure i'm not gonna be underpowering the gauges or overloading the add-a-fuse.
Newfie_dan

Re: gauge install

Post by Newfie_dan »

10 amp should suffice, if not then you can use the 10 amp add a fuse to turn the relay on/off with the key and wire the constant power to battery with a 15 or 20 amp inline fuse there.
mx3matt

Post by mx3matt »

the indiglo cluster i'm wiring into the dimmer for power so thats taken care of.

it was just the additional 3 gauges(depo racing wideband, and 2 cheapo gauges) that i was wondering about but the add a fuse should cover three gauges i'm told.
whitete

Post by whitete »

sounds good ! thinking of the same thing i already have the temp gauge, i was thinking about a 10 A or 15 A inline off the dimmer too

let me know how it goes

Thanks ,

Terry
Red96'Mx3 KL-ZE 2.5, CAI, full 2.5'' exhaust,cat delete, black stock rims polished lip, cross drilled brakes, (aftermarket bumper with halo foglights-Needs work) .
http://www.cardomain.com/id/whitete

Previous rides
Purple94' Mx3 K8-ZE CAI, Exhaust, plugs,wires
Purple95' Mx3 K8 american, CAI, Exhaust, plugs, wires,cap/rotor fuel pump, short shift,
Black 94' Mx3 i4 Stock ( hit by dear )

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”