Turbo or not KLDE mx3

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
eunosklde
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Turbo or not KLDE mx3

Post by eunosklde »

Hey boys,just a quick question,ive been looking on ebay to buy same headers for my mazda mx3 longneck klde.The thing is ive seen a couple of bolt on turbo kits to suit either a KLDE or a KLZE for round 1000 bucks.The thing is have any of you guys used one of this aftermarket turbo kits.I need all the help i can get since no one knows sh;;t about klze or klde's in sydney let alone slapping a turbo on one.just wonna know a rough price in installing a turbo on the klde tuning instalion etc.The good thing is that the KLDE ive put in is fresh the compresion etc is spot on.Just wonna get a rough price on installing one so in dont get ripped off by the mech..Thanx for your help and time everyone.
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: Turbo or not KLDE mx3

Post by mikeinaus »

those ebay kits are garbage. the only usable parts from them is the piping and couplers i believe. you would also need a fuel management system (megasquirt) which is gonna run another $300-$500, then youd need a bigger fuel pump, and bigger injectors, motor mounts, better turbo, bov, wastegate, etc. for a quality turbo install your probably looking around $2000-$2500usd and up in parts, then another $2000+ in labour for building and turning. prices are also going to be completely different in aud, what i remember from being there most stuff was quite a bit more expensive then north america. if your planning on going turbo you should read maximum boost by corky bell, there is a copy in the turbo section and its very informative.
johnmx3ze

Re: Turbo or not KLDE mx3

Post by johnmx3ze »

there is no such thing as a bolt-on turbo kit for the mx3...

only buy the hot pipes and a universal IC kit on ebay... and then look for some named brand, turbo, bov, w/g...

then injectors, mounts, clutch, fuel pump, megasquirt, wideband o2, boost gauge, exhaust... ect.
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”