Trouble switching gears

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
The_Kernal
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Trouble switching gears

Post by The_Kernal »

Hello, I'm very cautious about people (hands on) even diagnosing my beloved 93 Mx-3 SE. I had the clutch, all cylinders changed recently on the 5 speed manual transmission and though it alliviated the problem somewhat, It's back in full. I purchased Royale Purple SynchroMax but haven't added it yet. I fear there's no oil in the gearbox at all. At least I don't remember ever changing it. I have to violently force it into or out of a gear sometimes and it's gotten so bad It's just sitting in the driveway now. I was told it could be the synchros or it might be the clutch line needing to be bled, but I wanted to post here before I proceed because here are the people who really know this car. What should my next step be? Thnx...
Newfie_dan

Re: Trouble switching gears

Post by Newfie_dan »

Do the simple stuff first, bleed the clutch line out with all new fluid in if it looks like its brownish or dark in colour. Next check the fluid levels in the trans, check the online manuals for that part. Once you have checked both of those then you can move onto other things. Remember that when doing automotive troubleshooting start with the kiss principle (keep it simple stupid) meaning always do the simple first them work towards the more complicated.

Return to “Transmissions”