Emergency KL swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Posey24
antispam: No

Emergency KL swap

Post by Posey24 »

O I got this awsome notice from the NV DMV saying my car visually smokes too much:(. Soooo.... I've tried to fix it hoping it was valve seals. I used prolly 3-4 different types of stop smoke and/or stop leak. Still smokes. It usually smokesif I sit and idle for too long. Then I go and it smokes for a lil bit. Longer depending on how long I sat and idled. I had a 92' Chrysler LeBaron with the 3.0V6 mitsu. It did the sane thing at 181k I was toldit was valve guides. Could this be the case or can anyone point me to a way to find out what it really is. If not I'm doin and emergency KL swap. Probibly a DE cuz of accsesBility right now. I can't easily search our fine site here cuz I got an I touch for this Internet. So can anyone give me anytips on how to get this do ein a weekend and it be driveable. Any pre reqs to get for now cuz I'm doin it in 2-3. Weeks tops. I jus got a promotion and working min. 80-90 hours a weeks so I'll have the funds and not the time. Don't tell me how to use the search retire I'm not stupid jus short on time. Also If anyone is I e or near or knw sum1 in the Vegas area that can help I could really use it I'll provide tie six pack and Papa John's pizza:). I'm desperate so if I need to pay for assistance I will. I don't want to:( but I will. Any and all help is very much appriciated
wytbishop

Re: Emergency KL swap

Post by wytbishop »

It could be the valve guides and/or valve stem seals...in which case just swapping the heads for a good or better set would make a significant improvement. You would only need a set of heads from an engine that had good compression, head gaskets, new timing belt to be safe and a day's work.

However if the rings are gone too you'll know right away cuz the smoke will persist. In which case you're back where you started. A DE swap is not quite as straight forward as a ZE swap. My understanding is that there are some sensor differeces so the harness will not match up just right like it does with the ZE. But others can comment with more authority than that.

An engine swap can be done in a weekend if you are prepared and don't run into any problems.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Posey24
antispam: No

Re: Emergency KL swap

Post by Posey24 »

Nw a head swap would fux the pron if it not my rings If I forgot the k8 I Goya has 206k on it. Runnin stock clutch by the way and it's still good. But the price to clean up these heads would be bout that for a de here at the junk yard. Any experienced ppl knw bout this sensor problem with the DE. I have a week to fix this problem.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”